• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jerry Richardson riot reaction was "damn near criminal"?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Jangler said:

I don't know, that a why I asked, and why should any billionaire have speak out for or against anything if they feel it's not their place? That's what elected officials are for.

Everyone should have to make a public statement about everything so that everone else can condemn or exhault that person. Statements must be made immediately and with no deliberation.......GO

13 minutes ago, coralreefer_1 said:

Furthermore...i dont know about Baltimore riots all that much ( I live in Korea) but did they happen a few days before a game?, and is that owner a local self-made billionaire tied to that community for decades?

Hey, if you're in Korea..isn't it like the year 4000 and something?

6 minutes ago, csx said:

Everyone should have to make a public statement about everything so that everone else can condemn or exhault that person. Statements must be made immediately and with no deliberation.......GO

I dislike apple pie...Pie of any sort, honestly. Just never liked it.

9 minutes ago, Jangler said:

I don't know, that a why I asked, and why should any billionaire have speak out for or against anything if they feel it's not their place? That's what elected officials are for.

I didnt bother to read the article....but i dont know than anyone is saying JR "has" to speak out for or against anything. Rather some like myself are wondering why he hasnt.

I dont blame him. I wouldnt either. Then again, I'm not a billionaire. yet we trumpet this man as a pillar of the community and as a leader to some extent. He commands influence like none of us will ever imagine...and unlike Cam or coach, can say something and regardless of how it gets replayed in the media wont cost him a job. There is a privilege to being the boss.

In the end, i feel there is a huge opportunity being missed by the organization by not speaking up. This team brings this community together like nothing else. This is his home, its our home,and its the teams home. An official statement by the organization could do wonders to bring people back to what we all love. A few years ago when we were scrapping the bottom of the league...not so much. These days however...such words could have a very far reaching effect.

In the end...leaders are gonna lead, and others will just follow and collect theirs.

I didnt bother to read the article....but i dont know than anyone is saying JR "has" to speak out for or against anything. Rather some like myself are wondering why he hasnt.

I dont blame him. I wouldnt either. Then again, I'm not a billionaire. yet we trumpet this man as a pillar of the community and as a leader to some extent. He commands influence like none of us will ever imagine...and unlike Cam or coach, can say something and regardless of how it gets replayed in the media wont cost him a job. There is a privilege to being the boss.

I completely respect your words. I have a question, however (not directed toward you) that may help us progress past the inevitable downfall of this discussion (for which I admit I was part of).

What should he say? I think we are all talking past each other (myself included) because we do not have JRs words to critique. So, what should JR say to unite the community and build his business?

As someone already said, the media is going to spin his language to either "he hates blacks or he hates police." What can he say to both build his business (his primary responsibility) and reunite the community?

This is an honest question.

3 minutes ago, Apotheosis said:

I completely respect your words. I have a question, however (not directed toward you) that may help us progress past the inevitable downfall of this discussion (for which I admit I was part of).

What should he say? I think we are all talking past each other (myself included) because we do not have JRs words to critique. So, what should JR say to unite the community and build his business?

As someone already said, the media is going to spin his language to either "he hates blacks or he hates police." What can he say to both build his business (his primary responsibility) and reunite the community?

This is an honest question.

Something to the effect of.." We are a part of this community and we stand with the people those that chose to exercise their freedom of speech in a non-violent way". " There are many issues we all have to deal with but we as a community stand together". " We are saddened to hear of the loss of life by 2 members of our community, but we as a community must strive onward for change and justice" We as the Panthers support law enforcement and appreciate their hard work and efforts in this city, but also understand there is a large portion of our community that have grievances that they feel are not given proper ears to.

We look forward to continuing our commitment to xyz community organizations, and ask that the community come together and show solidarity for not only the city of charlotte in these turbulent times, but also for our organization that represents Charlotte"

Obviously i dont get paid to write press releases,but just SOMETHING to show some involvement for the community in this ( in my opinion) would be a nice step forward.

8 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I dont come to the Panthers section of the huddle for politics even politics vaguely related to the Panthers.

beating a dead horse here I know, but there are many other topics in this Panther section to click into, you chose this one?  And then chose to post in it?  Aren't you exasperating the problem you seek to remedy?

I understand people earlier in the week rebelling against the idea that comments about the riots were not "Panther related" but are there still a lot of you that feel that way on Friday?  When every sports media outlet is literally leading with this story?

29 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yet you decided to click this topic and post. 

Weird. 

I'm on record as one of many not wanting politics in the football forum, but I'd have to agree this one is Panthers related, as are some others.

Granted, some topics have started out Panthers related and degenerated into silliness. Those look to have been moved.

Archived