• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jerry Richardson riot reaction was "damn near criminal"?

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, Apotheosis said:

"Pay" is such a nice word for the involuntary surrender of property emoji1.png

Regarding JR: shouldn't protesters be more concerned with the state officials' opinions rather than a business owner? Just my voice of reason here, but JR doesn't pay the state police employees any more than the average citizen...so....if someone wants change in police behavior shouldn't he or she go to the police or state house rather than a business owner?

Wait a minute damn it. This isn't the tinderbox, or is it?

15 minutes ago, Apotheosis said:

"Pay" is such a nice word for the involuntary surrender of property emoji1.png

Regarding JR: shouldn't protesters be more concerned with the state officials' opinions rather than a business owner? Just my voice of reason here, but JR doesn't pay the state police employees any more than the average citizen...so....if someone wants change in police behavior shouldn't he or she go to the police or state house rather than a business owner?

lets be honest shall we? Outside of Bank of America, which business has more investment and contributes to Charlotte more than the Panthers? JR nor the Panthers should be expected to oversee police. With that said ( and we all know behind the scenes) the organization is important enough to not only the city...but to BOTH Carolinas to have influence in one form or another. ( i say " another", but again being a multi-billion dollar team has alot more clout in regards to local policy that said team would like to admit publicly)

Should they use it? Probably not. Do they have such influence? Of course. Are things happening behind the scense? Most likely. I personally would like to see a firm stand by the team/owner in one fashion or another. It wont happen of course ( why we have the shield instead of Panthers logo at midfield)...but lets not pretend the Panthers are empty handed in regards to what the organization could do or say to affect change, or otherwise help to re-solidify the community after these events.

15 minutes ago, Apotheosis said:

1 hour ago, panfanman said:

Yes.  Jerry said it.  And there is nothing "damn near" about it.  He showing restraint and was much to kind.  Peaceful protest is one thing, but once you pick up a rock and throw it you've crossed the line to criminal.  Rioting is criminal.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yes. The writer said it about the Panthers.

There are no quotes from Jerry Richardson in this article.

So I wasn't the only one confused.

28 minutes ago, PntherPryd said:

I hate to give SN any more clicks but they obviously prefer the approach of viking cornerback Terrence Newman who advises/warns reporters of the coming "Race War".   His quotes come in a blurb masquerading as an article from yet another SN "journalist".

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/vikings-terance-newman-civil-rights-war-charlotte-protest-panthers/175o8496345sk1qr0i67y1onx6

I thinks it's becoming a rich vs poor war. I guess Newman, should probably get CPI or something..

21 minutes ago, coralreefer_1 said:

lets be honest shall we? Outside of Bank of America, which business has more investment and contributes to Charlotte more than the Panthers? JR nor the Panthers should be expected to oversee police. With that said ( and we all know behind the scenes) the organization is important enough to not only the city...but to BOTH Carolinas to have influence in one form or another. ( i say " another", but again being a multi-billion dollar team has alot more clout in regards to local policy that said team would like to admit publicly)

Should they use it? Probably not. Do they have such influence? Of course. Are things happening behind the scense? Most likely. I personally would like to see a firm stand by the team/owner in one fashion or another. It wont happen of course ( why we have the shield instead of Panthers logo at midfield)...but lets not pretend the Panthers are empty handed in regards to what the organization could do or say to affect change, or otherwise help to re-solidify the community after these events.

Not being an ass..but did the Raven Org say anything? How about the Raiders during the 92 riots? 

Thank you for a well reasoned statement. My position is similar to Rivera's, "If you don't like it, vote."

Yes JR can voice his concern as a private citizen. It is probable that he holds some sway in the state offices. But that is where the fight is: in the state offices, not BOA stadium. To scold him for not taking a stand is downright wrong - it isnt his fight.

This is why I love what Igo wrote. JR has done a lot for the community over the years in donations, charities, events, etc. Think of all the families he has helped over the course of his career (black and white). He is doing his part, voluntarily, and the rest is up to, as Rivera said, the voters.

1 minute ago, coralreefer_1 said:

No idea and dont care. I'm a Panthers fan, and this is 2016....not 1992.

Yeah, but we are all still people, and if a reporter from one city is criticizing another for the way a simular situation is handled, then...

We need answers!

6 minutes ago, Jangler said:

Not being an ass..but did the Raven Org say anything? How about the Raiders during the 92 riots? 

Furthermore...i dont know about Baltimore riots all that much ( I live in Korea) but did they happen a few days before a game?, and is that owner a local self-made billionaire tied to that community for decades?

2 hours ago, panfanman said:

Yes.  Jerry said it.  And there is nothing "damn near" about it.  He showing restraint and was much to kind.  Peaceful protest is one thing, but once you pick up a rock and throw it you've crossed the line to criminal.  Rioting is criminal.

You need to re-read  the article. It was literally about JR not saying anything.

Archived