• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jerry Richardson riot reaction was "damn near criminal"?

Jeremy Igo

To be clear, there is no actual journalism going on in this article. It's just another opinion piece written as if it were fact.

There are no quotes from Jerry Richardson or anybody associated with the Panthers. It doesn't appear this guy made any attempt to reach out to them or ask them any questions.

There's no mention of the things Igo talks about. Probably best that he avoided facts anyway. They might have gotten in the way of the narrative he was trying to push.

Heck, being in Baltimore he could have at least asked Steve Smith what he thought. But come to think of it, that probably wouldn't have gone over well either.

1 minute ago, PntherPryd said:

rana cash isn't any better.  she also clearly has an axe to grind.  Her bio has her in Miami, Dallas and Atlanta.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/carolina-panthers-charlotte-protests-response-action-open-letter/68vwtkefcehf1p8scnto7w8mw

@ranacashsn  

I'm informing her how stupid she is right now.

David has probably blocked me already.

He's just reflecting what a lot of people think about rich people. Nevermind that they pay 75% of the bill while 50% don't even pay taxes. 

"Pay" is such a nice word for the involuntary surrender of property [emoji1]

Regarding JR: shouldn't protesters be more concerned with the state officials' opinions rather than a business owner? Just my voice of reason here, but JR doesn't pay the state police employees any more than the average citizen...so....if someone wants change in police behavior shouldn't he or she go to the police or state house rather than a business owner?

13 minutes ago, PntherPryd said:

rana cash isn't any better.  she also clearly has an axe to grind.  Her bio has her in Miami, Dallas and Atlanta.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/carolina-panthers-charlotte-protests-response-action-open-letter/68vwtkefcehf1p8scnto7w8mw

@ranacashsn  

I feel bad for giving her a click. 

That was garbage. 

I hate to give SN any more clicks but they obviously prefer the approach of viking cornerback Terrence Newman who advises/warns reporters of the coming "Race War".   His quotes come in a blurb masquerading as an article from yet another SN "journalist".

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/vikings-terance-newman-civil-rights-war-charlotte-protest-panthers/175o8496345sk1qr0i67y1onx6

The violent protests in Charlotte, N.C., following another police-related death of a black man are just the beginning, if you ask Vikings cornerback Terence Newman.

Speaking to reporters Thursday, the 14-year NFL veteran said he’s concerned the United States is "moving toward another civil rights war — literally, black and white and Mexican and Asian, everybody’s going to be fighting against each other."

Archived