• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kawaan Short

Vagrant

I feel like he was only truly dominant a few games toward the second half of the season last year.

I think all our linemen has their moments. Star has looked like a savage out there, his play style is just not as flashy as Shorts. Short has did well in pursuit as well in the run.. getting off his man and jumping on the runner. I see Johnson getting a great jump but once a huge LT grabs him he is stuck.

I think Kony will just get better as the season goes on. Addison is lowkey a great player for us. 

Double KK is the new double Olsen, but this is working.

Another point I'd like to share is KK is also playing more NT\shade , hes lining up in A gaps more than his 3tech outside shoulder OG spot. The panthers inactive solai and moved KK into his snaps it seemed. You can put on the tin foil hats and believe this is partly for keeping his numbers down......

Also a factor could be a faulty rotation where these guys are tired... Solai was inactive yesterday and I think he has been great. Star, Solai, Butler, Short I think we should always play with 4 DTs. 4 DEs and if one went down, Short could play some end.

If we HAVE to play with an extra WR for some reason because we never have more than 3 WRs out in formation, I think Byrd is way more explosive play maker than Bersin. Dude was running past people on ST

11 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

We have absolutely no push from anywhere else. He is being double-teamed. He is well worth the investment. We need some help elsewhere to free him up. I can't remember another game where I have seen our safeties come up to blitz as much as they did yesterday. Whether that be due to our opponent's scheme or because we needed the extra pressure I'm not sure. What's worrisome is, even with the extra rushers, we still didn't get to the QB. Short will be fine. We need to find a way to help him out.

start running a 5-2. Fixed! lol

12 hours ago, stbugs said:

I certainly think DG is in a lot better negotiating shape at this point. Unless he really turns it on, which could be the case, his stats are going to be far closer to 2013/2014 than 2015.

I don't know man, I've seen him just eat up some blockers and pancake some backs. He's one scary dude.

The good news is that Vernon is looking really good just in case.

Some people only believe that the stat line in the box score tells the tale. If you watch the line play closely, you can see that KK was getting double and sometimes triple teamed on the field. They were keying on him and then exploiting that push to disrupt Luke and TD much like Denver did.

Last year, teams early on keyed in on Star, double teaming him most of the time, which allowed KK to break free and have a monster year. We might see the two roles flip again this year.

KK is going to do fine this year and if all he does is tie up two or three offensive linemen on each play, then he's going to have a sizeable, and well-earned, contract waiting on him.

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It's not naive. He could be paid $8M per year and that is still a boat load or even getting the one year franchise tag is a boat load. We know he'll get paid millions, we are just discussing whether he'll get Cox money if he isn't turning in a 2015 season again.

Sign a $14.3M deal this off season and he is the #5 paid DT and has $43M guaranteed (no chance he'd get cut until year 4 based on dead cap, hence the first 3 locked in) for 2017, 2018 and 2019. If he pushes for the $17M per year, he could enter 2018 with only $14M from the franchise tag.

What if he gets hurt in 2017? Now, he's going to be 29 going into 2018 and he's hurt. Too many risks in my opinion for a couple million a year to allow yourself to be franchised and then risk not getting the big deal. If he's hurt bad at the end of 2017, he might be 30 after rehabbing in 2018 before he can actually play at a top level.

If he was 25 like Cox, eff it, take the risk, worst case is your 27 even after a bad injury and you can still get a big deal.

He supposedly turned down 15 already and the tag in 2017 will be over 15 million. So he will get paid 15 million plus on the tag or on a.long term deal here or elsewhere.  I think he will get a long term deal here which will average Cox type money 16-17 million with the only real issue being how much of a signing bonus or how much guaranteed.  He may not get 63 million guaranteed which is actually crazy with how injuries happen in the NFL.   But he will likely get close to 26 in a signing bonus and  is going to be one of the highest paid DTs in the league and the whole he is getting close to 30 is irrelevant as long as he isn't a running back.  Defensive lineman can be productive until 35.

Archived