• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kawaan Short

Vagrant

How do you guys feel about his performance to this point? He bet on himself this season to replicate or improve upon his season last year, but he doesn't look as disruptive up the middle as he did last year. Is he costing himself a big payday even though he's still making a difference in the run game? How do you guys think he's playing to this point in the season? Is the contract a distraction?

I think the whole defence still needs to gel, hard to point to one person when some of our big names (TD, Luke, Short, CJ) are struggling to make consistent plays. I think it's more just the whole D getting into the flow of things and trusting each other.

Weirdly, I think one of standout players so far has been CJ, he's been quietly effective in the first two games.

One of the biggest things for a D to run effectively is trust. The D line has to trust that the LBs wil be in the gaps to make plays and safeties have to trust that a CB has the speed to cover deep if they take a step forward to cover underneath.

As the trust in the young CBs grow, the whole D will begin to play faster at all levels, just hoping that's going to happen soon.

We have absolutely no push from anywhere else. He is being double-teamed. He is well worth the investment. We need some help elsewhere to free him up. I can't remember another game where I have seen our safeties come up to blitz as much as they did yesterday. Whether that be due to our opponent's scheme or because we needed the extra pressure I'm not sure. What's worrisome is, even with the extra rushers, we still didn't get to the QB. Short will be fine. We need to find a way to help him out.

Just now, Growl said:

He's being double teamed virtually every play. He may be the most important player on defense. The DEs aren't capitalizing.

Were going to have to pay him lots of money. Deal with it.

Yeah I don't know what everyone else is watching but they are double and triple teaming him at times and allowing other lineman 1v1 opportunities. The secret is out on KK. And KK has still been making plays.

were gonna have to pay him big money to keep him here. Whether or not we should is up to DG. I don't see his price going down if his play these first two games is the same as the next 14. Teams will pay a poo ton for what he brings to the defensive line, whether it be sacks, run stops, or the o line focusing in on him freeing up other lineman. 

4 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

If Short has a pedestrian season, then good. Less money we gotta pay him. I'm more than happy with that. Same goes for Star. 

Why would you be more than happy for one of our stars to have a lackluster season? We need everything we can to make a push towards SB51. That is incredibly dumb logic

31 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I think some of these agents are doing their players a disservice. He's missing out on approximately $14 mil this year. All its going to take is one of these guys "betting on themselves" getting a critical injury and a lot of these guys might rethink that strategy. Hopefully it isn't KK.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

My thing with KK is how much does he gain my betting on himself? He's already much closer to the money he wants. Josh bet on himself and doubled his money. If KK was offered 12 but he bets on himself and balls out and next year earns 15, he only gains 25%.

Pretty big risk to make an extra 25% both injury possibilities and honestly I don't know if he'll match last years stats.

We can talk about how you can't always measure a DTs impact but if you want to get paid like the top DT you have to put up stats for bargaining power.

Lol at people in  here trying to down play short, he is getting double team every player because nobody else is good enough to  respect. We played qbs so far that have did a good job of escaping out the pocket to avoid sacks.  As long as Kuechly keeps making plays like he does don't ever think our DTs ain't doing some thing right. 

Archived