• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not activating CAP yesterday is baffling

Jeremy Igo

46 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

How many more players can he rotate in on offense? He uses just about every active player, including back up O-linemen on some running plays. Bersin was about the only offensive player who didn't get any action on Sunday. Fuzzy would have played some even if Stewart had not gone out of the game.

Actually Bersin DID get some snaps (6) on offense, but not any targets.  I'd have to look at the game again, but I assume he was mostly in on blocking.  Don't remember him running any routes??

He had 2nd fewest offensive snaps.  Hawkins just had 1.

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

Actually Bersin DID get some snaps (6) on offense, but not any targets.  I'd have to look at the game again, but I assume he was mostly in on blocking.  Don't remember him running any routes??

He had 2nd fewest offensive snaps.  Hawkins just had 1.

Thanks, I missed seeing him in there. The point stands though...Rivera is not holding anything back. He is playing just about everybody on offense who deserves to play.

2 hours ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

How many more players can he rotate in on offense? He uses just about every active player, including back up O-linemen on some running plays. Bersin was about the only offensive player who didn't get any action on Sunday. Fuzzy would have played some even if Stewart had not gone out of the game.

Oh gosh idk, how about giving Byrd some PT and taking Ginn off all returning duties?  The CAP issue has been addressed, the small things.

All I can say is let's not get our hopes up too high for CAP. There's a reason he's been keeping the bench warm and having to fight for his life each summer camp on a team that believes in a running game.

I'm not saying he's going to be a flop, not at all. Just that we need to keep our expectations realistic. This guy is the backup to the backup to the backup on our team. 

7 minutes ago, rainwater said:

So we don't rotate receivers much either? 

Never said he didn't, but decisions like Sunday where you deactivate your 3rd Round RB and roll out with Tolbert and Fozzy as your RB stable is ridiculous, if Fozzy doesn't play WELL ABOVE his norm like he did on Sunday you and I would be having a different convo right now.

Its that type of roster inflexibility that Ron has somewhat patented since his time here. I'm sure you remember the ever dominant Leegadeu Neenee, Casons and Decouds we've trotted out on Game days, when there were CLEARLY better options on the roster.

Its interesting but not worh keyboard gms proclaiming their superiority over our staff who has won both coach of the year and gm of the year. Surely there is a very logical reason and considering the success we had running and the win being mostly due to offense Im not sure the topic has much significance.

On 9/19/2016 at 3:04 PM, Moorgan said:

Not sure if it was posted already but Tolbert said this about the last drive when Fozzy was just shy of 100 yds.

"I was actually supposed to go in on the last drive," Tolbert said. "And I was like, 'No. Let him go.' He only needed like eight or nine yards (for 100).

WTF

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I guess he meant Byrd should be active.  But I imagine we will have to wait till someone gets injured to see the young man in action.  

Yeah, but his whole premise was that Rivera and Shula don't use all their players to create match ups. That's pure BS. The Panthers use as many formations and wrinkles as any team in football. Ted Ginn is actually a huge part of that and there is no reason to believe that Byrd could do it any better at this point. For crying out loud, they lost their #1 RB and turned the ball over 4 times and still  won by 20 against a team that pitched a shutout the week before. They did this with Cam barely running the ball at all. How many other teams have an offense like this?

Archived