• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not activating CAP yesterday is baffling

Jeremy Igo

Bersin over CAP? Wait, what?

Stew had an ankle injury all week. We all know from past experience that when an ankle or anything else is hurt, a player is 10x more likely to injure something else as a result of his body compensating for the current injury. 

Welp, that happened yesterday, like clockwork. 

I said last week that CAP would be activated because of this, but he was not. Luckily, Fozzy was up to the task. 

Anyways, should Bersin ever be activated over CAP considering Stew's history? 

Agree, this was really a surprise.   I'm guessing we activated Bersin for ST in place of Webb?  I haven't looked at the snap counts yet to see how many snaps he played. 

Glad it worked out well with Fozzy and he had a HUGE game, but boy things were looking really really dicey in the 1st when Fozzy was getting checked for a concussion and Stew was out.  

Hopefully lesson learned.  I guess the team didn't think Stewart would be out this early.

We need to have a very solid plan behind Stewart.  Fozzy had a good game aside from the fumble.  He was fast, cut well, and wasn't completely poo in the pile.  Tolbert's best days are behind him.  He can make a play here and there, he was sucking wind real bad at points.  Time to maybe let him lose some weight or something.  CAP has potential, and made some good plays in the preseason, but is he the kind of back who can carry is even 200 times a season in a committee?

I'm worried about our RB depth.

Maybe since he has an A1 Misdemeanor charge on the docket they're assuming he'll eventually have to serve 21 games when another player is caught on video hurting a mother and children committing a similar A1 Misdemeanor offense.  At this point they're just beating the shield to the punch.  Smart.

1 minute ago, OceanPanther said:

Knowing  J Stews  injury history,, bad ankle going into the game..  

I would have thought CAP would be activated..   

I'm wondering if  there is just something,, as fans,, we're missing something when it comes to CAP.

If there is such concern he just cannot be activated when he needs to be, cut his ass and get another RB in here. Why keep a player on the roster if you won't activate him? Put him on the PS. 

Archived