• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Saints have never made the playoffs after starting 0-2

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

2 heartbreaking losses to start the season. Dissapointed, to say the least.

Dissapointed, but not surprised. Team could just as easily be 2-0, but that's what seperates good teams and bad teams. We've had one good defensive effort and one good offensive effort. Hopefully we put it all together soon.

I didn't watch any of the game because I was at the Panthers game.  Did the Giants just play defense that much better than Oakland or what? I was shocked that game was so low scoring cuz didn't those two teams score 100 points last year? 

3 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I didn't watch any of the game because I was at the Panthers game.  Did the Giants just play defense that much better than Oakland or what? I was shocked that game was so low scoring cuz didn't those two teams score 100 points last year? 

I don't think people realize how much different that D is this year. JPP is back to form and they signed Vernon, who is a damn good end with the ability to slide inside. Then they got Apple in the draft and signed Janoris Jenkins. That gives them 3 guys that can really cover and 2 pretty good pass rushers. Landon Collins seems to have really made a leap this year as well.

Cover corners give you a lot of flexibility on D and they've got 2 corners that could be the #1 on a good majority of teams, plus Apple, who looks good as well. Giants D seems for real, from what I saw today. 

1 minute ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I don't think people realize how much different that D is this year. JPP is back to form and they signed Vernon, who is a damn good end with the ability to slide inside. Then they got Apple in the draft and signed Janoris Jenkins. That gives them 3 guys that can really cover and 2 pretty good pass rushers. Landon Collins seems to have really made a leap this year as well.

Cover corners give you a lot of flexibility on D and they've got 2 corners that could be the #1 on a good majority of teams, plus Apple, who looks good as well. Giants D seems for real, from what I saw today. 

And what about your D? Gave up 49 or so the first week and only 16 today right? What changed? 

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

And what about your D? Gave up 49 or so the first week and only 16 today right? What changed? 

36 the first week (dick lol).

They stopped the run and kept everything in front of them. The dline was pretty dominant. Giants averaged 2 YPC and they kept pressure on Mannning. Manning threw for a high percentage and a lot of yards, but they played a defense that allowed that. The plan seemed to be to keep the receivers in front of them and come up and make the tackle. In doing that, you make them execute the whole way down the field and once they get in the red zone, when the field shrinks and windows get smaller. 

Forced 3 fumbles and didn't give up an offensive TD. Had a chance to intercept the last pass, but the rookie misplayed the ball in the air. Overall, the d played a great game.

1 minute ago, saints4lifeagain said:

36 the first week (dick lol).

They stopped the run and kept everything in front of them. The dline was pretty dominant. Giants averaged 2 YPC and they kept pressure on Mannning. Manning threw for a high percentage and a lot of yards, but they played a defense that allowed that. The plan seemed to be to keep the receivers in front of them and come up and make the tackle. In doing that, you make them execute the whole way down the field and once they get in the red zone, when the field shrinks and windows get smaller. 

Forced 3 fumbles and didn't give up an offensive TD. Had a chance to intercept the last pass, but the rookie misplayed the ball in the air. Overall, the d played a great game.

I really thought that first game was like 49-48 haha.  I wasn't even trying to be a smart ass that time 

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I really thought that first game was like 49-48 haha.  I wasn't even trying to be a smart ass that time 

http://m.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/The-comeback-continues-as-Victor-Cruz-secures-win/178650d7-5e6d-4835-9201-e06ac6c95040

The final Cruz catch highlight is in the link. Crawley literally played it perfectly. Just missed the interception. That's how close it was to at least going to OT.

As to Igo's OP, hate to be a spoil sport, but the Saints have, in fact, made the playoffs after starting the season 0-2.  It was 1990 when they started 0-2, finished at 8-8, and made the playoffs as the 6th seeded wildcard where they promptly lost to the Bears in the Wildcard round.

Now if Jeremy was talking about the current Peyton/Brees regime, then, no, they haven't.

Archived