• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What 49ers Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, SurfNTurf said:

My favorite fallback argument from 49ers fans is "kiss the rings," nevermind that they won their last one before the Panthers even existed. Since Carolina entered the league, the two teams have the exact same amount.

best Panthers moment as a fan other than the Seahawks playoff game last year was going to Candlestick in 2013 and watching us beat them in their own type of game. Fans were talking poo all game and then once they realized the Niners couldnt score on our D and that we were gonna win they resorted to the classic "but but but we have 5 rings speech"

34 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

hilarious to think that only 3 years ago this team was coming off a Super Bowl season, had the deepest and most talented roster in the league, and looked prime to dominate the NFC for the foreseeable future. Now theyre over here hoping for moral victories. LOL. there should be case studies on this franchise. how do you go from best team in the league to being led by Blaine Gabbert and Chip Kelly in a 30 month span?

Kind of shows you why we shouldn't be so overly confident. We are 0-1 lets hope we get this win this week. 

Why would anyone outside of LA and SF want to stay up late to watch that boring ass football game? Unlike half of that board Rivera has a job he has to be at very early in the morning. It's not like he doesn't get the coaches copy of the game anyways. Though I'm sure he'll be fighting them heavy eye lids during that too

Just found this HOF worthy post.

DL vs OL: 
they have a solid OL but I personally believe that we have the best defensive line in the NFL. 
Edge: SF DL

OL vs DL: 
again, I believe we may have the best OL if not a top 5 right now.
Edge: SF OL

LBs vs RBs and TEs: 
We have Bowman, the best LB in the NFL and now, we finally have speed at both ILB spots and solid ability from OLB spots. Brooks is legit. Tank is unproven. Olsen is good, but I think Ray Ray is the game changer here. 
Edge: SF

RBS and TEs vs LBs: 
Can't deny CAR LBS as I think they can handle our TEs but I'm not so sure if they can handle Hyde. 
Edge: slight edge to CAR but very slight. 

DB vs WRs: Benjamin is a beast no matter who you put on him. Only way we stop him is with bracket coverage. Ginn can change a game and will be used in different ways. I really like what we are doing with Reid, Tartt and Ward but I think these WRs would have their way with us if their QB has time. 
Edge: CAR, just too much talent their. 

WRs vs DBs: we don't have any impactful WRs who can consistently win one on one matchups. The question is, how good or bad are their rookie DBs?
Edge: SF because of experience alone. 

X factor: Will we let Cam move the chains with his mobility? Our defensive speed is crazy fast and our DL is strong enough to bring him down quickly. We won't know until a play breaks down. We have something similar in Gabbert but won't know either until someone makes a mistake or someone makes a great play. 
Edge: nobody which is why it is called a X factor. 

Coaching: I think we have them here and it is mainly due to how organized Chip Kelly is. Been a long time since I have seen a SF team play such a disciplined game. 

Turnovers: I am a big believer in the law of averages and they say CAR Defense was primarily good last season because they had a whopping +20 turnover margin last year. I think the second team was at +11. That was a big reason for their TOP and Defensive stats/success. Law of averages AND is being a very fast, aggressive and smart defense from last season tells me we will go from being in the bottom of the league in turnovers to moving up by a vast amount. 
Edge: SF

Archived