• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Typical NFL fines expected for Broncos

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or we could be bad guys, still lose and have guys suspended as a result.

As mentioned elsewhere, we know how to be physical without being dirty.  It's not a line we should cross.

Point is, we've been the good guys up to this point, and when we run into the same "bad guys" who dont mind crossing that line, we lose.  Isn't the old saying that the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect different results?

At this point, i would be willing to risk the fine/suspension to protect our QB and give us a chance to win versus what we've been doing and looking like victims and losing.

The hypocrisy of the NFL money machine continues

sorry but I don't have the stomach to watch a repeat of Newton being struck in the head again and if anyone thinks that did not affect the outcome of that game and that it most likely will not affect him later in life, I just don't know what to say 

I watched games this weekend and not one of them approached the viciousness of Newton's hits 

there is some thing that smells really bad about the Super Bowl and this game

i believe what my eyes saw from the officials in both games and what I saw is disturbing 

The NFL counts heavily on 'on to the next game' be it to get over a loss or seeing what we saw last Thursday

They win again

20 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

The hypocrisy of the NFL money machine continues

sorry but I don't have the stomach to watch a repeat of Newton being struck in the head again and if anyone thinks that did not affect the outcome of that game and that it most likely will not affect him later in life, I just don't know what to say 

I watched games this weekend and not one of them approached the viciousness of Newton's hits 

there is some thing that smells really bad about the Super Bowl and this game

i believe what my eyes saw from the officials in both games and what I saw is disturbing 

The NFL counts heavily on 'on to the next game' be it to get over a loss or seeing what we saw last Thursday

They win again

That's my thought process also.       I actually gave away my 9ers tickets..  because I was sick to my stomach seeing our qb be targeted in an attempt to turn his brain to mush......and couldn't handle seeing that poo live,  in person.               I will probably give it two more weeks.......and if the NFL allows this strategy to continue.....  I may be done with the NFL.                   I can't keep supporting a product that allows this kind of head hunting and then blames the victim. 

Yup, they're pretty much telling us, "do it yourself."

Guess what guys?  That W in the Donkey's record won't have an asterisk that denotes "won, but played really dirty."  Nope...  That's a win, and the superbowl win.  Our losses won't have an asterisk that denotes how we shouldve had 75 yards in personal fouls that weren't called and the refs didnt protect our qb.  Nope.  They are losses, and that's all that will ever be reflected on 20 years from now.

It's time to stand up to the NFL Machine, and protect our QB.

This is just ridiculous!  Team will go after Cam, try to concuss him to have him removed because he's a better player than they can defend!

Is this not the subtext of the over all argument?  Cam gets treated poorly because he's a big runner.  I fully expect the Oline to get a lot more involved in post hit activities if this continues.

Good job NFL, talk a lot about player safety and completely miss the point on your biggest star.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree at this point. If the league isn't going to hold itself accountable, then you have to do it yourself. There's nothing they can say or do to you at that point anyways without looking hypocritical.

Spear Gabbert in the head a few times and ask the NFL post game why they suddenly have an issue with it.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Broncos to get a slap on the wrist for headhunting Cam

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2016/09/14/carolina-panthers-cam-newton-fines/

I completely agree with Kalil. I think honestly instead of a 14,000 on a player that makes 10,000,000 a year... just make a percentage if you actually want to make it effective. 

Brandon Marshall ~8,000,0000 a year(4 this year) a 2.5 percent hit... 100,000... you do that two more times in a year... just lost 300,000 grand or 7.5 percent of your salary. These players will start thinking twice. 

Darian Stewart ~2,125,000(1,750,000)  x .025 = 43,750 again... three fines in the same year... 131,250... again if the NFL actually wants to make this a deterrent, they need to treat it as such.

Then again I don't know the whole story on how they are decided if its a % of the base salary... or wages after benefit deductions but I think if they just took the whole number and lopped it off. It would be much more effective.

Archived