• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Typical NFL fines expected for Broncos

Jeremy Igo

33 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

Ok, so if targeting continues, and our players retaliate, how will that effect penalties. 

This has all the markings of turning into a prison yard brawl. 

Well done NFL

They will suspended the players they don't like and allow there golden players to continue to do whatever they want. It's the end of real football. This poo is like WWE now. 

if we play the broncos again and i'm a player on offense, i'm launching into the heads of all of their defense until they don't get up. and if any other team this season tries that poo, they can get the same thing. fug'em. it's time to steamroll through the rest of this season.

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The NFL has made it clear that it's open season on Cam. Time for our OL to do the protecting. The next guy who cheap shots Cam better get ear holed and spend the next six weeks drinking out if a straw. If the refs and NFL refuse to provide encouragement not to target Cam, then the Panthers themselves will have to provide that encouragement. 

We are fighting a losing battle. They are just going to continue to flag our Oline and probably will suspend them if they protect him too much. 

I guess the mindset here is that Newton wasn't seriously injured so the punishment would be minimal.  If Newton suffered a concussion and was out for half a season would the punishment have been different?  I am guessing so.  And if so, then the league is not punishing the act, but the outcome of the act, and that is wrong.  A vicious hit is a vicious hit regardless of the outcome to the player who was hit.  The next quarterback who receives the same kind of hit might not be as fortunate as Newton.

The message of this slap on the wrist to Marshall (who has already admitted that he doesn't think the Broncos play dirty) is to continue with these type of tactics.  I feel sorry for the next quarterback he tries to behead.  The NFL is setting a risky precedent.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

We are fighting a losing battle. They are just going to continue to flag our Oline and probably will suspend them if they protect him too much. 

Yep, but if they send a couple of guys out on a cart, opposing defenders will eventually get the message that they're not getting off Scott free with cheap shots to our QB. 

Anything more would be an admission of guilt from the league. The punishment had to strike a balance between displaying the NFL's "passionate dedication" to player safety but couldn't go so far as to incriminate the league as borderline complicit in the acts because of poor officiating.

Just now, DPardue said:

I guess the mindset here is that Newton wasn't seriously injured so the punishment would be minimal.  If Newton suffered a concussion and was out for half a season would the punishment have been different?  I am guessing so. 

I'm not so sure.

Like I said, hopefully our guys realize the NFL isnt going to protect Cam, so maybe they should.  If you have to get thrown out, so be it, but they wont be able to do it anymore.

Second point - these are multiple games now that we decided to be the bigger team and walk away, and we lost.  And again, i hope our guys take the mindset of, "would you rather be good guys and lose, or be bad guys, win and take the fines?"  You can be high character and still retaliate if it means protecting your own.  This after-the-game bullshit doesn't give us that 75 yards owed to us in game that could have helped us win.  fug that.  Handle it in the game.

48 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I want a rematch with Denver real Bad.  And Tolbert and crew take out some knees on some blocks

Wishing knee injuries on players is bad karma. And you can't complain about dirty play if you're trying to inflict serious injuries yourself.

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Like I said, hopefully our guys realize the NFL isnt going to protect Cam, so maybe they should.  If you have to get thrown out, so be it, but they wont be able to do it anymore.

Second point - these are multiple games now that we decided to be the bigger team and walk away, and we lost.  And again, i hope our guys take the mindset of, "would you rather be good guys and lose, or be bad guys, win and take the fines?"  You can be high character and still retaliate if it means protecting your own.  This after-the-game bullshit doesn't give us that 75 yards owed to us in game that could have helped us win.  fug that.  Handle it in the game.

Or we could be bad guys, still lose and have guys suspended as a result.

As mentioned elsewhere, we know how to be physical without being dirty.  It's not a line we should cross.

Archived