• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Typical NFL fines expected for Broncos

Jeremy Igo

God who tf cares honestly. Did anyone expect anything to be done? Seriously did anybody? After Burfict tried to amputate Cam and Olsen on camera a couple years ago and nothing was done to him I knew the NFL was full of poo. It's over with, it was a disgrace, but we have to move on and stop with the complaining about bs calls because face it, we are gonna be the Villins of the NFL for the foreseeable future. Especially after the Brady/Belicheck era in New England 

It's a joke, tbh. That's cue to Ron and the front office to give the go ahead to start playing teams exactly how they play us. If I'm Cam, I light a fire under my offense. If the league won't protect him, his teammates should especially that Oline. Kalil said himself guys don't care about fines so it's time to take matters into your own hands. I'm gonna patiently wait on Mr. Newton to sound off. 

The NFL has made it clear that it's open season on Cam. Time for our OL to do the protecting. The next guy who cheap shots Cam better get ear holed and spend the next six weeks drinking out if a straw. If the refs and NFL refuse to provide encouragement not to target Cam, then the Panthers themselves will have to provide that encouragement. 

I am very disappointed in the NFL. They are always preaching about player safety yet our franchise QB was treated as an afterthought. I pride the way our team plays with integrity and playing the game the right way. Too bad other teams don't. It is very upsetting that those hits could have permanently out this kid out and all they get are slaps on the wrist. We need to protect our own. I want to see our players channel A little "Steve smith" in them if something like this happens again. I know it was frowned upon but I liked how Brandon Williams went after those saints players that one game. Yes he was suspended but he took up for his QB. Sorry NFL, but keep fueling the fire. Keep pounding!

27 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Broncos to get a slap on the wrist for headhunting Cam

Considering the above, the following is thick, delicious irony...

https://www.playsmartplaysafe.com/commitment-letter/

NFL Commitment To Player Health And Safety

A Letter from Commissioner Roger Goodell

Our game, of course, is a contact sport. Fans love to see the action on the field, including the big hits. While we can never completely eliminate the risk of injury, we are always striving to make the game safer—for our professional athletes down to young athletes first learning how to play.

Today the National Football League is launching Play Smart. Play Safe., an initiative to drive progress in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of head injuries, enhance medical protocols and further improve the way the game is taught and played by all who love it. It begins with a pledge of an additional $100 million in support for independent medical research and engineering advancements—building on the $100 million that the NFL and its partners are already spending on medical and neuroscience research—and a commitment to look at anything and everything to protect our players and make the game safer.

LOL... what a bunch of jag-off hypocrites.

Archived