• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is what it takes to get ejected from the game

Jeremy Igo

Last night Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald was ejected in the 4th quarter during a skirmish. Donald knocked the helmet off of a 49ers player. Two flags were thrown on Donald. One for the obvious push to the player's head. The next was for coming in contact with an official. 

giphy.gif

I could not find where Donald every came in contact with a NFL official. I can only assume since the push to the 49ers head came within the vicinity of the official, that is close enough to count. 

The entire exchange was instigated by a dirty Rams player stepping on and kicking Blane Gabbert once a play was finished. 

Of course, the Panthers play both of these teams this season. Anyone hoping for a break from the flags and fines may be disappointed. 

I need to re-watch but I didn't see contact to an official either. Did it occur after this gif? It seems the NFL is really trying to shove the point of ejections down the players throats early, for any reason. Turner jumping wait for Cam to come down the field, a non-exsistant touch. 

If you really look into it to, Taunting shouldn't be a ejectable offense. The Situation last year between OBJ and J. No. was about injuries and player safety... funny how hits to Cams head didn't merit the same consideration as OBJ launching himself at J. No's head... the reason this rule was implemented.

The NFL has such a short memory span.

Archived