• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roger Goodell says discipline is coming in a day or so

Jeremy Igo

I think all six headshots should be reviewed. Cam didn't take one, he took six. I guess whatever to neutralize the blame though. I still hope with all this noise that's being made, Cam gets more calls. I'm over people using the "he's a running quarterback" excuse because Russell Wilson runs and I've never seen him take a hit that was questionable and didn't get called. 

15 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

After review we've suspended Cam Newton 15 games due to repeated helmet to helmet hits on defenseless Broncos defenders.

Suspension for 15 games during the regular season and one playoff game should the Panthers make it to the postseason or the first game of the 2017 season due to lowering his shoulder and initiating contact before being hit in the head. 

Kelvin benjamin suspended 10 games for taking knee shots. 

I'm going against the general opinion here, and maybe its blind optimism but I think there is going to be some stiff penalties, especially against Marshall.  Goodell specifically mentioned he "left his feet and went for the head" which they say they've been trying to stop.  I see a big fine and a one game suspension.  I think Goodall is both tired and scared of all the concussion talk and is going to try and appear tough on the matter.

6 minutes ago, usmcpanthers said:

So where is the discipline , I want answers lol

I think fines come out on Thursday.

Probably will be something like this.

Harris gets a 18K fine.  Then 2 seconds later you realize a Panther got fined 10K for bouncing up and down after a TD.

Imo it will be.

Turner fined $25k for bouncing up and down.

Norwell fined $30k for tackling a guy that was not down by contact yet.

Kalil will be fined $25k for a facemask.

Marshall will be fined $5k for the hit on Cam

Stewart will be fined $5k for the hit on Cam.

Miller will be fined $2k for the hit on Cam.

etc etc.

Then three days later,  the NFL imposes a punishment on the Panthers for not pulling Cam.        Rivera will be banned for one year.     The Panthers will lose their 1st and 2nd round draft picks of '17..  Panthers will have to pay a $10M fine.        

9 minutes ago, Pox 08 said:

Imo it will be.

etc etc.

Then three days later,  the NFL imposes a punishment on the Panthers for not pulling Cam.        Rivera will be banned for one year.     The Panthers will lose their 1st and 2nd round draft picks of '17..  Panthers will have to pay a $10M fine.        

I'd put good pretend play money on Norwell getting the biggest fine. 

24,309 fine for him.  Which will be bigger than Harris

8 minutes ago, Pox 08 said:

Imo it will be.

etc etc.

butwaitthere'smore.gif

5 hours ago, captfluoro said:

I'm going against the general opinion here, and maybe its blind optimism but I think there is going to be some stiff penalties, especially against Marshall.  Goodell specifically mentioned he "left his feet and went for the head" which they say they've been trying to stop.  I see a big fine and a one game suspension.  I think Goodall is both tired and scared of all the concussion talk and is going to try and appear tough on the matter.

The tell tell sign is the fact that Marshall nor Stewart used their arms to tackle. They both used their upper body with no intent to wrap up. It was not a tackle but a knock, similar to the effect of a crack-back block which is now illegal.

Archived