• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roger Goodell says discipline is coming in a day or so

Jeremy Igo

21 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

i read somewhere that the Panthers medical staff was already cleared by the NFL

Do you know when you read that? Because the NFL did clear the Panthers on Friday morning. But then the Player's Association announced they were going to do an independent investigation. So the NFL then came back and said "Oh... Ok... Well, we're going to do some more investigating too."  

So, you know, the usual competence from the Shield. 

There was at minimum two hits that were finable.  As for lost draft picks, that was never going to happen.  Ron runs a tight ship.  NFLPA was simply holding the NFL's feet to the fire on their new policy.  Lost in all the mass hysteria is actual solutions to what we saw.  2015 season was drenched with concussion protocol discussion, and now we get to test the limits of the rule's wording.

3 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

I honestly don't give a poo about the players getting reprimanded. They were just doing what the refs were letting them get away with.  The refs are the ones that need to be suspended without pay so that all the other refs know this poo won't be tolerated anymore 

yup, they continued to let it happen. I get the refs don"t see everything,but not seeing it 6 to 7 times in the same game!? The Refs need to be held accountable for this one

1 hour ago, KendrickPanther said:

I would honestly stop the fines and go to playing time penalties. Fines are BS for a number of reasons including discrepancy in pay. 

Unless the fine is % of salary, then you wil see less dirty play. As of now tho the refs are guilty of bias and need to be fired. In a time of protest in the NFL, this is something all players and fans can get behind and support. But who is steping up? BSPN, the media? Not really, towing the corporate line.

If you don't think corporation is running the world by now, we are lost. They don't care about you or the people making their money. 

We are truly fycked.

2 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

how does a quarterback go "to being a passer"... is he not that be default? Once he crosses the line, he can't ever become that again... so..... Gordell means "the quarterback remained a passer"??

I kind of like that Gooddell said that, actually. It dispels this whole myth of "Cam is a running quarterback, so he is going to get hit" and "once he starts running, he can get hit like a RB" business. The NFL Commissioner is basically saying, "It doesn't matter if a QB tucks it and takes off, i.e. becomes a RB, if he is behind the line of scrimmage and untucks it in an attempt to pass, he is again back to being a QB and entitled to all the normal protections a QB should get." That is a strong message, unless it is simply not enforced from here going forward. 

After seeing that graphic from the other thread, the one about the Panthers not benefiting from any roughing the passer calls...I can't trust the NFL anymore and I am almost certain that the refs just don't care for Cam. It's obvious the players on other teams don't care, but now the refs who are supposed to be objective as well? Hell naw!

Archived