• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spelling the entire defensive line at the same time

Jeremy Igo

49 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Just looking over the game a bit. 

The Panthers starting defensive line played 5 snaps, then all of them were replaced for two plays. The Broncos gained 20 yards in those two plays. 

I don't recall the Panthers ever spelling every DL starter all at once. Usually sub in at most 2 at a time. 

What gives? Altitude?

Altitude is my guess. Understandable 

Had to be for Altitude, but you would pre plan for those rotations. If they are making the rotation calls at the spur of the moment, then that is a major problem with the coaching.

I was furious to see Delaire, Soliai, Butler, and Addison all in at the same time. I made mention of this earlier and find it unacceptable. Soliai was being pushed out of his hole regulalry, Butler was pushed back off the line or put on the ground way too often, Addison did nothing, and Delaire could not contain a play to save his career.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Just looking over the game a bit. 

The Panthers starting defensive line played 5 snaps, then all of them were replaced for two plays. The Broncos gained 20 yards in those two plays. 

I don't recall the Panthers ever spelling every DL starter all at once. Usually sub in at most 2 at a time. 

What gives? Altitude?

Unless for some reason you consider your 2nd unit to be equal in quality to your 1st, this seems to me to be a very bad idea.

This ain't the damn preseason. Games count.

They likely did it because of continuity and chemistry.  All preseason they were rotating in whole lines and not players so guys got used to playing next to certain guys and the hope was that the group would be better together than the individual parts.  Given it failed so miserably, I doubt it continues. 

The injury to Cox definitely messed up Gettleman's plans in terms of DE depth, plus Miley didn't show the promise we'd been hoping for.   Now Delaire is getting badly beaten.  UGH.

I was thinking that with the problem, we might have kept Kyle Love around, giving us extra DT depth and allowing us to swing KK outside on some plays.

Thoughts?

Archived