• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers run defense - 3 plays

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, OBXPantha said:

Both TD and Luke over ran the play.  Luke is normally right in his quick reaction but I think lack of film on Denver's new QB and new linemen was a factor.

Luke didn't over run that at all. He maintained his gap control and almost made a great play avoiding the block and getting to the ball carrier. If TD stays in his gap, it's a short gain.

4 minutes ago, OBXPantha said:

The first play both Luke and TD went too far.  #77 tried to block Luke but missed. Luke reached out is left arm but missed the runner by inches. 

Correction, #79

Disagree. Luke appears to be right where he is supposed to be should the play have continued to the left. 

52 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Took a look at the Broncos top 3 rushes against the Panthers and what happened on run defense. 

GIFs and observations... 

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2016/09/11/carolina-panthers-run-defense/

Post yours here. 

I noticed the penalty, not called, also.  I didn't catch the 2nd string against the Broncos first.  I didn't like the play calling and don't want to sound like a whining fan, but the officiating was the worst I've seen against the Panthers.  We've had some questionable calls over the last few years, but these were repeatedly.

Archived