• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos say sorry. No, wait. They double down and justify illegal hits

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Thanks for your contribution to the millions of volumes of Cam hate that have been and are still to be written.

Your precious little hate piece would be all well and good in a vacuum if Cam was the ONLY PLAYER on that field talking trash.  

But the whole point of your little one-minute hate is that only CAM isn't allowed that luxury, correct?

No, that is not what I meant or what I said. I said a QB talking trash like that is unusual. Particularly when that QB is running over and blocking LBs. Pretty sure Cam WAS the ONLY PLAYER doing those things - playing QB, while talking trash, while blocking LBs, while running over LBs and also dancing in the endzone. 

Pretty sure I also said that I love the way he plays, but similar to Steve Smith Senior, he's gonna rub people the wrong way. I couldn't care less about the Broncos or their feelings. But, if you have a bunch of dogs on defense and a QB is getting in their face as he's running them over and shoulder blocking those dogs, then they're probably gonna go a little ham after that QB. If you've played defense at any level above high school, and I'm not saying you have or haven't, you'd probably feel the same way the Broncos defenders did. They're a physical, dominating defense. And this QB was physically dominating them and calling them out while doing it. 

Get out of your feelings. If any other QUARTERBACK, not named Cam Newton, was doing this, you'd probably see things differently.

BUT, I don't want Cam to stop doing what he's doing. That's how he plays the game. I'm cool with it. I actually love it. It's refreshing. BUT, don't act like every player in the NFL and their fans should be as accepting as we as Panther fans are. 

See I have this horrible sickness where I try to see both sides of the story. The Broncos are not justified in how they went after Cam's head. I can, HOWEVER, see why they would have been pissy with him. 

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

Get out of your feelings.

No.

Unlike you, I think passion is part of the enjoyment of the game.

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

See I have this horrible sickness where I try to see both sides of the story.

The very antithesis of "fan".

So what you are is a mere observer?  An impartial arbiter come down to tell all us rubes how silly they are?

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

No.

Unlike you, I think passion is part of the enjoyment of the game.

The very antithesis of "fan".

So what you are is a mere observer?  An impartial arbiter come down to tell all us rubes how silly they are?

Ok. So I see you're REALLY sensitive about this.

Yes, Passion is a part of the game for players and fans. Attacking someone's point of view on a blog because they have a different perspective than yours is called "being in your feelings". 

And no I'm not completely impartial as I am a Carolina Panther fan and a Cam Newton fan. BUT, I have played against trash talking QBs before. Did I try to spear them in the helmet? No. But best believe they got a little something extra.

That was and is my only point.

1 hour ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

who gives a poo? they crossed the line. i don't give a damn why their feelings were hurt and idk if anyone itt cares other than those trying to spread blame to the guy who repeatedly had his head attacked by a bunch of overgrown babies.

Bruh, you don't have to care. It really doesn't matter if you or I care or not. But the young man getting speared in the helmet probably cares. He probably cares a whole lot. Especially if the refs aren't calling it. That gives them free range to tee off on him.

24 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Did I try to spear them in the helmet? No.

With no sarcasm intended at all, that's fantastic.

Sounds like you played the game the right way.

Which is why its so puzzling that you are making excuses for cheap shot artist

That's the one thing I'M saying.

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

With no sarcasm intended at all, that's fantastic.

Sounds like you played the game the right way.

Which is why its so puzzling that you are making excuses for cheap shot artist

That's the one thing I'M saying.

Tiger, I'm not making excuses for those guys. There is no excuse for trying to cause brain injury to some one in a football game. That's incredibly immature and short sighted, and they took it too far. I'm just stating my opinion as to why I think things escalated out there Thursday night. 

Archived