• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos say sorry. No, wait. They double down and justify illegal hits

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

This is what I desire to know too. Nobody fought back, and it pissed me off. Ejections be damned. If your boy is lying down like that and you haven't collected a head yourself then don't pretend to profess your love for him.

Again, Russell Wilson had Ricardo Lockette, Big Ben had Heath Miller, Tom Brady has Gronk, Phillip Rivers had Nick Hardwick, etc.

Maybe it's Trai Turner for us but he was nowhere to be found on that play.

The ejection part is the problem. Players still want to win the game, and getting ejected hurts Cam and the team even more. Trai normally would have stepped in but he got flagged for jumping up and down. One more egregious act like that and he would have been tossed according to the rules this season. 

I would have liked to see Rivera dig into the officials like a coach in the NBA or MLB would do. When they know some BS is going down they stick up for their players even if it means getting ejected.

They said that Cam lowered his head and that led to some hits. They lie. I just watched the gif that shows the hits. Not once did Cam lower his head. The video shows that all 4 guys TARGETED his head. All 4 we're not accidental. Without a doubt TARGETED!!!!!! If you want to fix this NFL, then you absolutely in minimum must suspend each player 2 games for these violations and significantly fine them. The suspensions should be in the same games. This would be painful. Just like when raising children the payment for the crime must be significantly greater than the benefit of the offense. Then it will stop. While they are at it, suspend Kubiak for a game and fine the poo out of him for promoting and encouraging the behavior. But we all know that instead of this, only one player will get suspended and the fine will be insignificant to the players. I am concerned about Cam Newton's long term health beyond football. It would be sad to see the face of our franchises career destroyed but even sadder to see the rest of his life adversely effected i.e. Mohammed Ali or Junior Seau. Shame on you Denver, NFL and especially that crook Goodell.

Sent from my XT1575 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Can we agree on a hashtag to talk about this? I haven't seen it trending even though a lot of pundits have talked about it. If we want to pressure the NFL to then I think we should try to get people talking about this to use the same hashtag. Just a thought, I'm not very smart about this sort of thing.

Archived