• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos say sorry. No, wait. They double down and justify illegal hits

Jeremy Igo

@Jeremy Igo the next time you're in the locker room for an interview or talking to any other media guys, maybe you/they can ask an offensive player what their mind set is when cam gets hit like that-- at what point do you step in and hit back for him? What are they told to do by coaches? I don't get why no one on offense made it a point to stand up for Cam. All I saw was one of the Denver players patting KB on the back and them smiling. 

7 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

the broncos are fragile babies if getting stunted on within the confines of the rules caused them to launch from their feet and lead with the crowns of their helmets directly into cam's head. these things have a tendency to come around on teams and i hope zod allows a thread in the panthers forum gloating over the shredded knees and severe concussions their players suffer this year now that the word is out on how delicate and dirty they are. i imagine offensive players league wide take offense to that attitude and style of play and i suspect several broncos defenders are gonna eat poo this season because of it and im gonna lol

Well, no other team in the NFL has a QB like Cam Newton. So, it probably won't happen quite like this again.

I'm not justifying the Broncos actions. But if a QB is all up in your face, then you're not gonna take that as well as you would a WR or RB or OL. I think Cam is redefining the position. Players don't see him as just a QB. He is as much a physical threat as he is a mental one. Most defensive players are used to QBs being one or the other. Either you're an athlete and can run all over the place, or you're a passer. Very rare that you get both in one QB. 

2 hours ago, truthjuice said:

So basically, Cam is too good of a player. He's too big, he's too physical, he's too strong and nobody on that Denver defense can bring him down unless they're taking his knees out or head shots. That all translates into the defense saying they're not as talented as they've been made to be. Theyre digging themselves a hole, honestly. 

If you watched the link in the "First Take" thread from yesterday, this is basically what Max Kellerman was saying.

@Jeremy Igo the next time you're in the locker room for an interview or talking to any other media guys, maybe you/they can ask an offensive player what their mind set is when cam gets hit like that-- at what point do you step in and hit back for him? What are they told to do by coaches? I don't get why no one on offense made it a point to stand up for Cam. All I saw was one of the Denver players patting KB on the back and them smiling. 

Can do

Sent from my SM-G935P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 hour ago, Dick the Butcher said:

This is beyond belief.  Players say it because they have to cling onto any little argument they can.  But the fans.  It's insane to think that there are that many dumb people out there.  And I'm not talking about the point of view.  I'm talking about the argument and critical thinking [or lack thereof] used to support their arguments.  American democracy is in for it, man.

In case you didn't notice, public education these days is more about indoctrination than education and thinking skills.

Uh, no lol

The QB can be tackled like a runner before he crosses the LOS in MANY different instances. Even when he doesn't even have the football. For instance, on read-option plays where Cam is carrying out a fake like he's carrying the football, he can get blown up if he still is acting like he has the football. EVEN IF HE'S STILL IN THE TACKLE BOX!

If he's out of the Tackle Box, it can get even more dicey. So if an offensive coordinator is going to put his quarterback in harm's way to achieve the kind of edge that style of play affords an offense, then defenses are going to make them pay. Deal with it.

The rules are different for QBs behind the LOS, but out of the box, only in that they can still get rid of the ball on a forward pass, where another runner is only afforded the ability to lateral.

You're acting like you know what you're talking about, but you don't, which makes you the worst kind of idiot lol

First and only warning. Keep it civil.

Sent from my SM-G935P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 hour ago, Pox 08 said:

"Well Miller smashed Cam in the side of his face, in the pocket..........but it was an accident,  so it's okay.". 

And that's another thing.

I never realized INTENT was part of penalties now.

"Golly Mr. Ref, I was sweaty and my hand slipped into the wrong position.  I didn't MEAN to hold the big bad Defensive Lineman Person!  Are you going to penalize me for a bodily function like sweat?"

53 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

At the expense of coming off as a Cam hater... 

Thanks for your contribution to the millions of volumes of Cam hate that have been and are still to be written.

Your precious little hate piece would be all well and good in a vacuum if Cam was the ONLY PLAYER on that field talking trash.  

But the whole point of your little one-minute hate is that only CAM isn't allowed that luxury, correct?

Archived