• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos say sorry. No, wait. They double down and justify illegal hits

Jeremy Igo

It's sounding like this may be the new  strategy when it comes to playing against Cam.     pound him in the head.  Even if he is just standing upright,   in the middle of throwing a pass....   wreck him in his brain.

Afterward......refs will fine one or two people and give shitty statements how some of the hits were just judgement calls....          even though in the past,  we've all seen a hand, by accident, brushing a qb's helmet,  and getting a flag.........refs normally don't give a fug if it was an accident or not.  they look at the act itself......and how a qb got his head hit.                    fugin' refs  Thursday night were looking for any excuse not to call poo on the Broncos.    

"Well Miller smashed Cam in the side of his face, in the pocket..........but it was an accident,  so it's okay.". 

1 hour ago, Bogart said:

Those bitches do know that what goes around comes around right?   Kubiak is one dirty SOB and I can't wait to see one of his star players to get the same treatment, and they will eventually, because every team now knows how far his team will go to win.   I never wish injury on any aponent but I hope that team gets every bit of payback coming to them and I'm going to laugh my ass off when it happens.

Every NFL coach already knows who the dirty teams are for the most part...Kubiak, Fisher, etc have been accused of it for decades now. 

I mean going into the game Denver was called habitual line steppers for a reason....

42 minutes ago, Pox 08 said:

Well..........  they trying to find BB/Pats type of loopholes.       Technically.....Cam is out of the pocket on some of those head shots...even though it's clear he is not running or trying to run beyond the LOS........and he is in fact trying to toss the rock.........he  should get murdered.              Isn't it......leaving the pocket in anyway = Qb treated like a rb?

Which still doesn't make sense,  I've seen flags be thrown if a player launches head first into the helmet of a RB.        I've also seen players get flagged for helmet shots to a RB,  if the RB did not also lower his head.        If a RB is just standing there...upright and someone flies in,  jumps up and destroys him helmet to helmet.....that's a flag a lot of times. 

Dude, there aint enough time to make a decision on any given play whether to treat him like a statue in the pocket like Tom Brady, or whether he's going to be the big ass dude that your OC treats like Jerome Bettis. You have to play Cam like a running back, because they use him like one, on every single play. At any given moment, he could take off with the ball. You don't pull punches on runningbacks.

The play where we got flagged but it was negated by the intentional grounding call illustrates this point. He waited until the very last second to decide he was a QB on that play, and lobbed the football. A runningback doesn't have that option, but cam does.

We deserved to get flagged. It goes with the territory. It's the price you pay when you treat an NFL QB like a runningback. But what choice does any opponent of yours have? When you treat your QB like a runningback, so will the Defense.

Nobody here is bitching about Jstew getting hit in the head, and he took many multitudes more head hits than Cam did.

I think you all should quit whining and take a page out of your QBs book and accept it for what it is.

8 minutes ago, Kishzilla said:

Dude, there aint enough time to make a decision on any given play whether to treat him like a statue in the pocket like Tom Brady, or whether he's going to be the big ass dude that your OC treats like Jerome Bettis. You have to play Cam like a running back, because they use him like one, on every single play. At any given moment, he could take off with the ball. You don't pull punches on runningbacks.

The play where we got flagged but it was negated by the intentional grounding call illustrates this point. He waited until the very last second to decide he was a QB on that play, and lobbed the football. A runningback doesn't have that option, but cam does.

We deserved to get flagged. It goes with the territory. It's the price you pay when you treat an NFL QB like a runningback. But what choice does any opponent of yours have? When you treat your QB like a runningback, so will the Defense.

Nobody here is bitching about Jstew getting hit in the head, and he took many multitudes more head hits than Cam did.

I think you all should quit whining and take a page out of your QBs book and accept it for what it is.

Cheaters usually justify cheating. Continue

At the expense of coming off as a Cam hater... 

The Broncos started teeing off on Cam because he started jawing with defenders. He threw shoulder blocks on reverses. He ran LBs over. He danced when he scored a TD. 

I don't have an issue with that. I love the way Cam plays the game. But similar to Smitty, that ish can rub players (other alpha males) the wrong way. It's okay if you sit in that pocket and throw the ball around to other athletes that do all those things. But the moment you, as a QB, come to my level and beat me at my own game - I'm gonna take offense to it. Not gonna lie, I would probably go after Cam too if I was playing. 

Cam is not your average QB. He's one of the biggest, baddest mofos on the field. And he lets you know that when he gets a chance or needs to. Players gonna play. It's up to REFEREES to curb that crap and keep it under control. When you don't call it the first time, you set the tone for the game. 

If you are in a basketball game, and the refs let you hand check and swipe down at the ball on defense, then you're gonna do it all game. If they call foul early, then you stop doing it. 

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Learn football. Cam was still a passer. Scrambling doesn't translate to running unless he passes the LOS. Cam did not. Thus, he was a passer. What is so hard to grasp about that?

Do you need pop up illustrations?

Uh, no lol

The QB can be tackled like a runner before he crosses the LOS in MANY different instances. Even when he doesn't even have the football. For instance, on read-option plays where Cam is carrying out a fake like he's carrying the football, he can get blown up if he still is acting like he has the football. EVEN IF HE'S STILL IN THE TACKLE BOX!

If he's out of the Tackle Box, it can get even more dicey. So if an offensive coordinator is going to put his quarterback in harm's way to achieve the kind of edge that style of play affords an offense, then defenses are going to make them pay. Deal with it.

The rules are different for QBs behind the LOS, but out of the box, only in that they can still get rid of the ball on a forward pass, where another runner is only afforded the ability to lateral.

You're acting like you know what you're talking about, but you don't, which makes you the worst kind of idiot lol

22 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Hey now, don't grab an assault rifle and go nuts.

You mean like the guy in Orlando? lol Lemme guess, you forgot about that....

Dude, youre a classless retard. How about you stick to football that you clearly don't know poo about either lol

Archived