• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Horse feathers!!"

dimbee

This used to be my dad's go to exclamation (he never cussed in front of us kids) when something went wrong...

*breaks glass*

"Horse feathers!!"

If something as blatantly wrong- "That's a bunch of horse hockey!"

If he wished someone were to just go away- "That dude can go fly a kite!"

If someone asked how he was doing- "Fair to partly cloudy" or "Finer than frog hair!"

My dad was a regular fount of the off the wall/goofy spoken word... I'm sure some of y'all had fathers much the same way... what are some of the good ones from back in your younger years?

My dad NEVER cussed... I've heard him "cuss" maybe twice in all of my life, one time saying, "Son, you never half ass a job" when telling me why you clean out the inside of a carburetor when you change the filter (early 90's) and one time when he said, "That's a bitch" but I don't remember what was the context. Twice in all of my life, that I have heard of course

You don't believe cow horns will hook?

Since my mom and dad were divorced at a young age my bro and I would do the normal visit stuff.

When ever we were acting up or we were use to things going a certain way he would say "this aint 123 Elm Street". Basically saying the address of where we lived was NOT where we were at that moment.

You don't believe cow horns will hook?

Since my mom and dad were divorced at a young age my bro and I would do the normal visit stuff.

When ever we were acting up or we were use to things going a certain way he would say "this aint 123 Elm Street". Basically saying the address of where we lived was NOT where we were at that moment.

Every girl I've ever hit on has said the same thing.

Ba dum psh!

Archived