• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Tolbert?

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Have to admit, saddens me to see a safety stop him dead in his tracks and see him look confused after. 

Thoughts on his role? 

He got popped man. His body was moving one direction and he thought he was in the open field. Had he braced for the hit and lowered a shoulder you know what the end result would've been. It was not like the Tolbear to be in the box and not be braced for contact but he was looking outside to bounce the run around the WR blocks and got popped.

Tolbert is still a crucial asset and until someone better comes along that can do his job the way it has been done, these types of threads do nothing but inflame the ego's of the uninformed and those who like to flame every guy who isn't an All-Pro. 

He's not a good blocker.

He's lost too much of his ability to run over, around, or past defenders. 

I certainly don't want him to get the ball when down inside the 5 yd line.

Im not sure any of our running backs are good blockers ( Stew is really , probably the best when he stays in to block )

I was all in on Lee 2015 preseason, but he was cut early,, so I was thinking he wasn't as good as my "hopes " were.

Tolbert will have some good plays this season. But I think his time has past.

5 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

As much as I love Rivera, these are the type of roster moves that'll eventually get him fired. 

I think it will be very difficult for Rivera to get fired for a long time.

He's won two COY, three straight playoffs and a SB game.

Worh guys like Cam and Luke, we won't have enough terrible seasons in succession to get him fired, JR would never allow it, too loyal.

And this is coming from a non-Rivera fan.

I think he is a great Monday-Saturday coach, his players love him and would run through a wall for him, but I think he's a pretty terrible game day coach for a multitude of reasons unfortunately 

should have been axed after the superbowl along with cotchery and harper, they are just all too damn old, and its said cause tolberts the kind of guy who wont retire, he will play till we cut him and his phone stops ringing. I honestly couldnt see any team picking him up if he were to go on waivers tomorrow.

Archived