• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Tolbert?

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Have to admit, saddens me to see a safety stop him dead in his tracks and see him look confused after. 

Thoughts on his role? 

30 yr old running backs.....I have said it for years.

and Tolbert getting stopped in his tracks IMO started last year.  That was the first season I legitimately saw people be able to knock him backwards.  Happened a couple times because despite being so big...he moves slow.

I don't care about the false FB label.  We use him as a RB.  His upside IMO is nowhere near as good "Carolina" paints it. 

Stewart is going to be known as one of the hardest hitters in the league by year's end. That guy was incredible (and dirty)...the hit that knocked Tolbert back would have knocked back every RB and FB in the league. If the line gets push and he is used appropriately then he's effective. The play that was 3rd-1 when Cam tried to bootleg to the left comes to mind as a perfect play where we should have gotten a push and run Tolbert off of Turner. Instead we try to use a WR to block a DE and their LB gets to Cam as he's running sideways. 

IDT he's done. I think Stewart is just that good...

4 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Stewart is going to be known as one of the hardest hitters in the league by year's end. That guy was incredible (and dirty)...the hit that knocked Tolbert back would have knocked back every RB and FB in the league. If the line gets push and he is used appropriately then he's effective. The play that was 3rd-1 when Cam tried to bootleg to the left comes to mind as a perfect play where we should have gotten a push and run Tolbert off of Turner. Instead we try to use a WR to block a DE and their LB gets to Cam as he's running sideways. 

IDT he's done. I think Stewart is just that good...

Tolbert got laid out last year in ways not seen before too.  Stopped in his tracks.

Archived