• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Tolbert?

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

The whole run play calling was terrible, we should have used J-Stew, CAP & Fozzy early on to stretch the defense out and then pound it with Tolbert. We need to call more zone runs, Power of Tackle  and ISO. Specifically between OTs & OGs instead of OG- C -OG everytime while defense stacks the box.

Tolbert doesn't really pound it anymore. If you want to pound it you do it with Stew. He is faster + stronger than tolbert by quite a bit. 

I'm not a hater, but I've been saying this since before 2015 and I knew it wasn't a popular opinion because he's such a loveable character. I like him as a guy but he is not what this offense needs as a ball carrier.

He requires perfect blocking and even if it is, Fozzy or CAP could do more with that carry. Even in short yardage, why give him the ball when you have Cam and Stewart? 

I'm not going off just last night, I've been saying it all offseason, the offense needs more YAC and more spark from the run game. The offense is very good but it lacks that element.

I repeat, I like Tolbert the guy, but he's just not worth carries.

16 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

As much as I love Rivera, these are the type of roster moves that'll eventually get him fired. 

Rivera doesn't make that decision. Gettleman has control of the 53 and is also the one that signed him to a new 2 year deal in the offseason.

Just now, Promethean Forerunner said:

Are you kidding me? Gettleman doesn't make cuts. That's primary on Rivera and his coaching staff. Gettleman just provides the personnel. Dave might be involved in the process but the choice belongs to the coaching staff.

Incorrect. Dave has final say on every single roster decision. It's why he is at practice everyday. He may rely on the coaching staff for input on cuts but no roster moves happen without Dave's approval.

Archived