• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Tolbert?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Have to admit, saddens me to see a safety stop him dead in his tracks and see him look confused after. 

Thoughts on his role? 

No poo, I looked at my wife when that happened and said, "I think that little guy just concussed Tolbert."  Couldn't believe he stoned him like that.

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Have to admit, saddens me to see a safety stop him dead in his tracks and see him look confused after. 

Thoughts on his role? 

The whole run play calling was terrible, we should have used J-Stew, CAP & Fozzy early on to stretch the defense out and then pound it with Tolbert. We need to call more zone runs, Power of Tackle  and ISO. Specifically between OTs & OGs instead of OG- C -OG everytime while defense stacks the box.

He wasn't the greatest blocker in his prime, but what made him great was his incredible foot work, elusiveness, and of course, combined that with his power and it was a like watching a bull in a china shop with ballet slippers on.  Sadly, it appears that quick burst and elusiveness are gone, and his power has taken a hit with the lack of burst...  and of course, he still isn't a great blocker, so now he's JAG.  And that sucks.

I could NOT believe he dropped like he did when it was just him running towards that much smaller DB in the hole.  I was actually ecstatic when I saw it developing because I just KNEW he was going to truck him and get a nice gain...  and then he just stopped, IMMEDIATELY, and even fell backwards.

I love him, but i think that roster spot could be better served elsewhere at this point.

Archived