• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This aggression WILL NOT STAND!!!!!

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

I agree with that. I don't know how long you've been a Panther fan... but I take it you're one who is tried an true. I've been following this team since 95 and every team thinks their team is being cheated when they lose. 

But I have noticed a MARKED difference in how this team and it's QB has been treated since 2011. That is a fact. So goes your QB, so goes your team.

I remember when Donaghy talked about how referees did not like Allen Iverson, but they loved Kobe because there is very real bias in officiating. Iverson played for the 76ers... and how the officials felt about Iverson determined calls that went against the 76ers. 

I've been a fan since 2002. I agree with you 100%. And the reason I think you've noticed the difference since Cam is because Cam does things no one has ever done. Unlike AI, I don't think the refs don't like Cam. I think they are honestly confused about how to treat him. I don't know if it will get any better.

I do know that every talk show I've watched this morning is talking about the head hits and how Cam is different and it's wrong. Even on NFL network they were saying Cam got hosed. Many have also made the Shaq comparison too.

1 hour ago, Moorgan said:

I get that people are upset. I just don't believe in conspiracy theories. Yes the refs were bad. But I just can not believe that the NFL is rigged. Too complicated and far reaching to be considered seriously.

That said, the refs made some bad calls/no calls.

No offense cuz I like you, but if you think billions of dollars is not enough of a motivating factor to influence outcomes then I don't know what to say.

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

No offense cuz I like you, but if you think billions of dollars is not enough of a motivating factor to influence outcomes then I don't know what to say.

It surely is. And it is possible. I just don't think there is a conspiracy against us or Cam. It's unlikely. So I'll continue to watch and be frustrated and cheer the team on without thinking the NFL or the refs are maliciously out to get us or trying to make more money by fixing the game or even tampering with it.

Just now, Moorgan said:

It surely is. And it is possible. I just don't think there is a conspiracy against us or Cam. It's unlikely. So I'll continue to watch and be frustrated and cheer the team on without thinking the NFL or the refs are maliciously out to get us or trying to make more money by fixing the game or even tampering with it.

Me either.  I'm not so narcissistic to think it's only about us.  I am pointing out that this cash cow is just spewing money and the only thing rich people like more than money is more money.

Greed is a powerful thing and I see its effects tainting an otherwise enjoyable sport.

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Me either.  I'm not so narcissistic to think it's only about us.  I am pointing out that this cash cow is just spewing money and the only thing rich people like more than money is more money.

Greed is a powerful thing and I see its effects tainting an otherwise enjoyable sport.

Can't disagree with that.

In my opinion it's pretty simple. The NFL wanted Manning to ride off into the sunset with a 2 and 2 record in Super Bowls. Much easier to make money off of that.  So the refs massaged the game towards that end. 

As for last night, I got the impression that maybe, just maybe, the NFL wants the new Denver quarterback to be the next "Great White Hope". So the refs massaged the game towards that end too. 

1 hour ago, Zaximus said:

Ignorance is bliss.

It takes ONE ref to turn momentum in a game.  ONE.    And there was one.  So much so, the head ref had to even overrule him on one play and say "I"m not calling that, man".   As if, you're putting in too thick.  

That isn't saying the NFL is rigged, only that the ref has a hand in the game which could suggest backdoor betting. This is also called point shaving. 

Just now, CPcavedweller said:

That isn't saying the NFL is rigged, only that the ref has a hand in the game which could suggest backdoor betting. This is also called point shaving. 

Once again, if a ref is bad, and it's worse every year, and nothing is done about it, there is really only one conclusion.   This guy should be fired after this game for putting a QB at risk.  Will it happen? Nope.  And why?   That's the question and only one thing fits.  

Just now, Zaximus said:

Once again, if a ref is bad, and it's worse every year, and nothing is done about it, there is really only one conclusion.   This guy should be fired after this game for putting a QB at risk.  Will it happen? Nope.  And why?   That's the question and only one thing fits.  

He is experienced and the NFL has seen what happens when green officials are brought in? 

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

He is experienced and the NFL has seen what happens when green officials are brought in? 

Yeah, they are actually not much worse than the current ones?   That's where we are right now.   Think that if it makes you feel better though.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

It was a microaggression. There needs to be a safe space where that poor player can go. 

The Panther player knocked off the Bronco players helmet. That was the taunting penalty. The ref probably only saw the back end of this and saw the helmet come off. Its easy to see from high above that it was not really a big deal and should not have been a flag, but put your self on the filed and imagine only seeing the player jumping and the helmet come off. Would look pretty bad from that point. Only opinion but that's how i rationalized what happened.

Archived