• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This aggression WILL NOT STAND!!!!!

Jeremy Igo

23 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

No offense, but it makes sense you are in the military, they love people that they can program to follow and not question.  The NFL supports you.   I do too but wish you guys would think more out of the box.

This might be one of the silliest statements I've ever seen on this forum.

2 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Nope.  Clear evidence to formulate opinion.  Piles of evidence in front of eyes, choosing to ignore evidence, what do you expect?   Sorry, your gladiator sport is rigged and you can't except it.  

Lol. I heard the world is flat. You might want to look into that.

Just now, imminent rogaine said:

Is that a fact or speculation? I don't have a replay; just the gif. That makes sense only if his helmet is sitting back on top of his head. Gif isn't long enough to see if the helmet falls to the ground or if it is in his hands.

Harris' hands never go above his shoulders. I watched it like 50 times trying to figure out his helmet came off and the only possible explanation is that Trai hit Harris' facemask with his pads while jumping and knocked it up and off.

47 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

I get that people are upset. I just don't believe in conspiracy theories. Yes the refs were bad. But I just can not believe that the NFL is rigged. Too complicated and far reaching to be considered seriously.

That said, the refs made some bad calls/no calls.

Rigged is an overreach. But it is certainly a "Tampered" product. If you understand gambling... the over/ unders and how often when I'm watching an NFL or an NBA game that the game gets remarkably close to the spread... seemingly out of nowhere... then you'll get it.

Its really hard to "RIG" the outcome of a game because there are alot of factors and alot of coaches.... but when you're a guy with the whistle... and you have the power to take a possession away from a team, keep the chains moving or lose a down... you can TOTALLY influence the outcome of a football game.

26 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

No offense, but it makes sense you are in the military, they love people that they can program to follow and not question.  The NFL supports you.   I do too but wish you guys would think more out of the box.  

Lol. Thank you for your support.

lol

1 minute ago, TheWiz said:

Rigged is an overreach. But it is certainly a "Tampered" product. If you understand gambling... the over/ unders and how often when I'm watching an NFL or an NBA game that the game gets remarkably close to the spread... seemingly out of nowhere... then you'll get it.

Its really hard to "RIG" the outcome of a game because there are alot of factors and alot of coaches.... but when you're a guy with the whistle... and you have the power to take a possession away from a team, keep the chains moving or lose a down... you can TOTALLY influence the outcome of a football game.

Sure that's possible. I just won't go so far as to say that refs continually tamper with games either. It can happen and had happened. I just won't believe it nefariously happens often or against us specifically.

The refs are definitely incompetent, who would argue?

The question is, why do they get worse every year and why is there no replacements or change?  Why are rules more muddled every year?  That is the part some of you are just letting slide.  What reason would the NFL have, to keep terrible refs that tarnish their product other than... they need them for things.  It only takes one ref in a game too, so it's probably not even the whole crew.    But please, keep that head in the sand.

I think the wrong thing gets focused on whenever rigging comes up.

I don't think the nfl cares to a degree WHO wins as much as how and where but as i posted earlier, Vegas is more about spread and for a ref on the take, he is better off influencing the amount of points as opposed to who wins.

Case in point. Over under at a lot of places had 42 or 40 for last night. Final score was 41 points. A flag or no flag here and there to influence a fg vs td isn't that difficult. 

I will go see what the largest bet last night was on and i can forsee it being the over under.

The gambling pros when they look at a game the first two things they look at are the weather and the officiating crew. They know crew X calls a tight or loose game or whatever and bet accordingly.

Won't help us now since the game is over, but suspensions HAVE to happen or the dirty assed broncos might actually kill someone on the field.  NFL can either do something about it now or wait until something traumatic happens...and make no mistake, when that happens (and it's coming), the NFL's perceived invincibility will go away forever.

9 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

Sure that's possible. I just won't go so far as to say that refs continually tamper with games either. It can happen and had happened. I just won't believe it nefariously happens often or against us specifically.

I agree with that. I don't know how long you've been a Panther fan... but I take it you're one who is tried an true. I've been following this team since 95 and every team thinks their team is being cheated when they lose. 

But I have noticed a MARKED difference in how this team and it's QB has been treated since 2011. That is a fact. So goes your QB, so goes your team.

I remember when Donaghy talked about how referees did not like Allen Iverson, but they loved Kobe because there is very real bias in officiating. Iverson played for the 76ers... and how the officials felt about Iverson determined calls that went against the 76ers. 

Archived