• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before the Mike Remmers hate fest begins....

Jeremy Igo

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not sure why on the Huddle on a mobile device if you accidentally quote a post, the only way to get rid of that quite is to post it. Closing the browser, completely restarting the device, it doesn't matter. That quote is there until you post it. 

Anyway... 

I appreciate what you're trying to do on this thread Igo, you're just not correct. 

Doesn't happen with me on my iPhone... dunno why you're having that problem.

5 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Did we try a single screen last night? 

I don't think so.  I don't think we tried one in the Super Bowl either.  Stewart, Whitaker, and Tolbert all have the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.  Getting them out in space makes them more effective and it slows down the pass rush. I'm no play caller, but I think it's a disservice to the team not to incorporate screen passes into the offensive playbook; especially against a pass rush as formidable as Denver.

9 minutes ago, Craig Pruitt said:

I don't think so.  I don't think we tried one in the Super Bowl either.  Stewart, Whitaker, and Tolbert all have the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.  Getting them out in space makes them more effective and it slows down the pass rush. I'm no play caller, but I think it's a disservice to the team not to incorporate screen passes into the offensive playbook; especially against a pass rush as formidable as Denver.

That's what I thought. I don't get that at all

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

All you have to look at is the Anderson TD on a dump off that killed us. Stewart on play B is solely looking to block. Oher had Ware 100% blocked and instead of flaring out quickly, he goes for the chip, which actually helps Ware and means he can't get the dump off. No one within 7 yards of Stewart and it looks all he'd have to do for a big gain is get by that one guy at the start of the play. Also, Newton doesn't even look over at Stewart, his eyes are deep downfield.

The one dump off to Stewart, which got negated by Kalil getting his fingers stuck in Wolfe's helmet and where Marshall didn't get penalized either, was a really nice gain. Heck, if the refs make the call on Marshall and Kalil doesn't get his fingers stuck (so dumb on his part), that was 30+ yards.

Our play calling in the first half was pretty good and we put the OL in position to succeed. Second half, we fell apart on play calling and put our OL in position to fail. Same thing as last season where the offense couldn't help the D hold a lead. Why not just go to runs plus misdirection (reverses/fake reverses worked every time) and short passes. You just want to keep getting first downs and run the clock. Our run plus deep passes is completely wrong for protecting leads.

Actually, one last thought, that bad block by Funchess on Ray that caused us to get stopped on 3rd and 1 on the first drive of the second half was a killer. Talib had 0 chance to stop Newton on his own. We get that first down and we are at our 45 yard line, 1st and 10. We just needed to score a FG (TD and it's over) on that drive and I think the game is in hand and instead of Newton getting head hunted, Siemian is getting pressured.

Yeah, the first half and second half were like night and day 

Archived