• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before the Mike Remmers hate fest begins....

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

His first half was pretty good.  Big improvement from the SB.  NBC showed him handling Miller well on several one on one matchups.

Second Half obviously was worse, but by then I wasn't really watching the game, I was seething so much because of the damn headhunting.

I love seeing you fired up like this. I think it's because I consider you a very calm, rational, and logical person because of your game analysis and stats, but I'm enjoying the emotion - and it's certainly justified. 

10 minutes ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

Exhibit A is the epitome of basic blocking fundamentals of inside to out.  You don't block the outside man and let the inside man go free.  The fact that Remmers thought he needed to help Dickson out and leave his gap vacant, just shows how bad both Dickson is at blocking and the game plan for allowing that blocking assignment to unfold.

Exhibit B, Remmers got straight toasted.  Even if Cam had a pocket to step up into, Von was on Cam's ankles in about 2 seconds.

and you are completely wrong. 

Good going!

I don't blame Remmers.  I don't blame Gano.  I blame the refs for letting our QB get hit in the head all game for free and other blatant no-calls.  I blame them for killing momentum at opportune times and making us waste a challenge on a play that was obvious (yet ref decided to put ball 3 feet forward for a 1st down, for some reason).   I knew the game was going to be over when we didn't push at the end of the first half.  I knew it even more when Shula had Cam run for that 1st down instead of Tolbert up the middle.   The only chance we had to beat them was to be so good, the refs couldn't screw it up, we weren't.   I blame this firmly 75% on the refs and 25% on us.

33 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pretty much exactly what I was going to post. 

What! Remmers fuged up big time on that play and should have done the exact opposite. Instead of giving his guy a free release he should have kept blocking because Newton was stepping up as Miller was closing in, and if Remmers Turnstile would have stayed engaged to his blocks Newton would have gain more yards out of that play. 

Also if you had Daryl Williams on that play he probably would have pancaked his guy and then go help Dickson out for a 1st down by the Panthers.

1 minute ago, RoaringRiot said:

I love seeing you fired up like this. I think it's because I consider you a very calm, rational, and logical person because of your game analysis and stats, but I'm enjoying the emotion - and it's certainly justified. 

I think it's partly knowing Cam is a new dad, and having just seen that clip with him and Chosen in the Gatorade ad.

I want him to be able to watch his kids grow up and be healthy and all there mentally.  It got personal last night.  These are players that we've grown to care about as people.  Watching someone get abused on live tv made me feel like I was a spectator at a gladiator match.   I've never felt like that watching football before.

It was especially the repeated nature of the headhunting.  One missed call, maybe.  Two. ugh.  But FOUR?  It seemed so blatant.

I have some background in health & medicine. (Masters of Public Health)  It is really bad to ignore a concussion and keep playing.  I felt that's what I was watching last night...

Not sure why on the Huddle on a mobile device if you accidentally quote a post, the only way to get rid of that quite is to post it. Closing the browser, completely restarting the device, it doesn't matter. That quote is there until you post it. 

Anyway... 

I appreciate what you're trying to do on this thread Igo, you're just not correct. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They only gave up 21 points to a Super Bowl team.

Doesn't matter our front 7 strength was stopping the run & creating TO's we failed miserably on the 1st part. The whole point of letting Josh Norman walk was the ability of our LBs to drop back in coverage but if the DL cant contain the run & non dual threat QB, then scheme becomes useless.

Archived