• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before the Mike Remmers hate fest begins....

Jeremy Igo

The oline sucked all night, but....  Maybe Dickson holds off Miller in the first play and maybe Newton dumps it off to Stew if Remmers doesn't get burnt like toast on the second play. We can't assume something to make Rem look/sound better, when in reality that isn't the case of what happened. He's an average talent (at best) that was abused on both plays. Yea the oline sucked in general, but those plays were on Rem.

Panthers always have excuses why they look ridiculous against the Broncos

ed Dickson has been a waste of space for at least two to three years now  tape does not lie  he is still here

The Panthers have had chances to draft better tackles

they didn't

if I were Newton, I'd  be asking some very serious questions about why I'm allowed to be butchered in national tv and not one of those oline got pissed about it

His first half was pretty good.  Big improvement from the SB.  NBC showed him handling Miller well on several one on one matchups.

Second Half obviously was worse, but by then I wasn't really watching the game, I was seething so much because of the damn headhunting.

22 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Exhibit A is the epitome of basic blocking fundamentals of inside to out.  You don't block the outside man and let the inside man go free.  The fact that Remmers thought he needed to help Dickson out and leave his gap vacant, just shows how bad both Dickson is at blocking and the game plan for allowing that blocking assignment to unfold.

Exhibit B, Remmers got straight toasted.  Even if Cam had a pocket to step up into, Von was on Cam's ankles in about 2 seconds.

4 minutes ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

Exhibit A is the epitome of basic blocking fundamentals of inside to out.  You don't block the outside man and let the inside man go free.  The fact that Remmers thought he needed to help Dickson out and leave his gap vacant, just shows how bad both Dickson is at blocking and the game plan for allowing that blocking assignment to unfold.

Exhibit B, Remmers got straight toasted.  Even if Cam had a pocket to step up into, Von was on Cam's ankles in about 2 seconds.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to post. 

Remmers played pretty well in the 1st half.

In the 2nd half, Mike Shula reverted back to Super Bowl formations and play calls. Almost every damn play with pass patterns 15+ yards downfield.

Now get this, the few plays he called with #88 as a safety valve or sitting short? THEY WORKED. So why weren't more of them called against Denver's blitz?

As a completely neutral fan, with nothing invested in Remmers play, I'm going to kindly disagree with your play breakdown. 

On the first one, he engages with Davis then completely turns him loose, even after it's apparent he's blitzing. Yes, Miller pushed Dixon backwards, he should, he's the best edge rusher in the game, but the fact is it was Remmers man that he turned loose who got that sack. You have no idea what would have happened had he not turned him loose.

On the second one, Remmers got beat like a drum. Like, 1 Mississippi fast. Cam has all the field in the world to slide left if Remmers doesnt get destroyed. 

What I will say is that RT is usually an easy target. They line up against thr best pass rushers. But for the most part, if Remmers didn't get help last night, he was getting pushed backwards.

1 minute ago, Norway said:

What happened to all the screens and quick slant we were gonna counter Denver's pass rush with?

This.

I was expecting to see more quick passes, slants, and screens from Shula as well. Maybe even a darw play or two. A lot of the pass plays he called take a long time to develop. We need to incorporate some short passing/quick releases to get rid of the ball earlier. That will take a lot of pressure of Cam and the O-Line...especially Mike Remmers (who I don't think played nearly as bad as he did in the Super Bowl. Let's not forget e's going up against an ALL-PRO in Von Miller).

Archived