• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bigger concern - pass rush or run defense?

Jeremy Igo

11 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Lol I love when the season starts and people finally see what I saw months ago

It's insane.  I've been a fan and supporter of this franchise since day 1 and was called "moron", "dumbass", Debbie Downer, etc. for stating a truth that Stevie Wonder could see.

1 minute ago, fieryprophet said:

Run defense, and it's not close. You can scheme up pressure, but if teams move the ball on you on the ground you are screwed, end of story.

That and 99% of their pass plays were 3 step drop-fire.  We were getting pressure when he had to go past his first read.  Stopping the run, and tackling, are the key for us I think.

3 minutes ago, fieryprophet said:

Run defense, and it's not close. You can scheme up pressure, but if teams move the ball on you on the ground you are screwed, end of story.

Exactly as it was when the league took away our franchise player/$13+ million before the Steelers ran all over us at home enroute to a losing season.

No name quarterback debuts his career against us and comes away looking pretty good.

Rookie fullback gets his first NFL handoff and breaks a long one for a touchdown.

I don't think it's a question of "which" part of our defense needs work. It's more a question of "can" our defense perform?

Just keep thinking back to RR's training camp comments about not seeing the effort out of the players he thought they needed.

Simian was throwing to his first read all night. Good throws but tape will take those away. 

I think they'll get it figured out but the rush defense is supposed to be much better than what it was last night. 

I was shocked seeing Delaire in the game early. 

2 minutes ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

Delaire ain't gonna cut it. His 2 sacks he had that one game that one time doesn't outweigh how much of a liability he is in the run game.

In person he looks the part...of a lightweight out of his league as an NFL DE.

Archived