• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bigger concern - pass rush or run defense?

Jeremy Igo

Run defense for sure. Denver was running a lot of pass plays designed to get the ball out as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, CJ Anderson had his pick of holes to hit on almost every rushing attempt.  If you can't stop the run, you don't have a defense. Not being able to stop the run sets up the play action and causes your pass rush to hesitate. 

Bigger concern? I would say the pass rush. I think a lot of the run defense has to do with Kubiak installing a new system that we hadn't seen on film making game planning for it tough. I also think Denver will have one of the top rushing teams in the NFL this year and we won't be the only team that they tear apart in the run game. On the pass rush side I'm worried about an aging Charles Johnson and his effectiveness this year. We've seen before that it takes the pass rush some time to really get into it's stride, so I'm honestly not that worried about it, but it is the bigger concern.

Run D, and it's not close. 

It's a lot harder to rush the passer when you know they have to pass.

They were in 2nd and 5, and 3rd and short almost all game cause of the run D.

Off the top of my head I can only remember 2 3rd and long conversions they had. On one he ran it himself to avoid pressure and on the second he was flushed left due to pass rush but still converted. (First drive I think.)

Run D.

Robert McClain should probably be starting over Bradberry right now.

Ryan Delaire is just not a good football player, and the Edwards signing tastes a whole lot like George Selvie all over again. We probably need to make another trade for a DE. Nothing major, but a Jared Allen style trade for somebody who can reliably set the edge would do a lot of good. We have no depth there and its where a lot of our problems start defensively.

Archived