• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Prediction - Panthers at Broncos

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

Sorry don't see this going Panthers way...............27-17 Broncos

Why?

Simple.........I've never seen a game yet against this team where the Panthers can keep the Broncos out of their backfield........

Second, I don't know if its route running or Cam's timing.....or butter fingered receivers but Cam and the passing game appear anemic......

Finally, Stewart is a very capable runner when healthy but that is always suspect.........

sample size: 1

5 minutes ago, TylerVagyler said:

Denver gave up 30 or more points 1 time last season. The two times Cam has faced Denver's defense we've averaged 12 points. Predicting us to win in a 31-10 blowout is a bit of a reach. I'd obviously love to see it, but not expecting it.

I'll say we win 20-13.

Would have said that about Seattle last year, then we dropped 31 on them in the first half.  Like you said though, I don't really expect it.

2 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

.I've never seen a game yet against this team where the Panthers can keep the Broncos out of their backfield........

Since Denver has quite a few new starters (5 played for other teams last year) this season, according to their depth chart, you really haven't seen "this team" play period.

8 minutes ago, Nick_81 said:

Would have said that about Seattle last year, then we dropped 31 on them in the first half.

You could make a good argument that the Hawks came out as flat in that game as we did in the SB.

I'll take a one point win on a bad call by a ref.

Panthers 24  Broncos 10

this game is on Cam to be Superman and the Defense to do its job 

if a person is making a commercial about their 'little light shining' they need to back it up or shut up

I would say getting owned by Miler again is shut up time 

I'll go with Cam here. Too prideful to look ridiculous to Miller again

47 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

Sorry don't see this going Panthers way...............27-17 Broncos

Why?

Simple.........I've never seen a game yet against this team where the Panthers can keep the Broncos out of their backfield........

Second, I don't know if its route running or Cam's timing.....or butter fingered receivers but Cam and the passing game appear anemic......

Finally, Stewart is a very capable runner when healthy but that is always suspect.........

Cam was literally on fire heading into preseason game 3.  I wouldn't call it anemic....I would call that a blip.

4 minutes ago, CoastalCat said:

Don't mean to be that guy, but the sample size might be 2. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321111029 

I was at this game. Cam got sacked 7 times. 

A game from 2012 has zero to do with now.   Different players, coaches, and teams.

That was John Fox and Del Rio team featuring w/ a MVP caliber Manning O the D got to play with.  Fox played defense with feasting off teams in comeback mode all season.

and our team is vastly different as well.

4 minutes ago, CoastalCat said:

Don't mean to be that guy, but the sample size might be 2. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321111029 

I was at this game. Cam got sacked 7 times. 

yeah but his premise was based on our current roster. kalil is the only player left from the line on 2012, and olsen and stewart are the only offensive guys still on the roster from 2012. i see what you mean in terms of trends but transitive property doesn't work here imo

Just now, PhillyB said:

yeah but his premise was based on our current roster. kalil is the only player left from the line on 2012, and olsen and stewart are the only offensive guys still on the roster from 2012. i see what you mean in terms of trends but transitive property doesn't work here imo

at that point we are talking about John Fox's defense feasting on a MVP caliber Manning team (and that Denver team was an offensive team).

Archived