• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos top priority against Panthers isn't what you think

Jeremy Igo

establishing the run will slow down the pass rush too. i would love to see some draw plays off guard to take advantage of denver sending speed around the edges.

@Jeremy Igo where else have you seen pieces on blue dog blitzing? i forget where i heard the term from originally (it might've been eugene robinson actually) but i had a hard time finding sources on it.

5 hours ago, PhillyB said:

establishing the run will slow down the pass rush too. i would love to see some draw plays off guard to take advantage of denver sending speed around the edges.

@Jeremy Igo where else have you seen pieces on blue dog blitzing? i forget where i heard the term from originally (it might've been eugene robinson actually) but i had a hard time finding sources on it.

Is blue dog different than green dog?

The other side of this coin is that it's not just that we produced so many rushing yards last year, but that we also PREVENTED so many rushing yards for our opponents. Barring Jared Allen, we've still got the same rushing defense we fielded last year.

Shutting down the opponents rushing game and keeping ours going wins the possession battles, time and ball control. Our team was purposefully built to do this and Rivera had it working like a charm last year. If he can keep it up, we'll be looking at one of the classic teams of the day.

This ought to be fun!

6 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

at this point if you still hate shula you are just a bitter person.......

he didn't tell tolbert to fumble twice, or ginn to let a ball go through his hands, nor rb's to miss assignments......

The American Way. Make a decision and never ever learn, evolve, or adjust it over time. Then become more entrenched in that opinion or decision. 

6 hours ago, PhillyB said:

After rewatching parts of the game yesterday, there were some times when we did this. I saw Ware go flying by as JStew or Tolbert went past him through the line. They over pursued a few times. But Norwell getting hurt may have had a bigger impact on that aspect than we realize.

9 hours ago, PhillyB said:

I think it's green dog blitzes, actually.

There was an article written just after the SB, at MMQB, where the scheme was first mentioned:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/08/nfl-super-bowl-50-denver-broncos-defense

Panthers are a run first team so it shouldn't be a surprise that Denver will try to stop our rushing attack. If we wanna win then we will need to win in the passing game, with Olsen, KB and co. I see no reason why we shouldn't do well.

Bronco have great CB but our WR can use their size or Ginn can use his speed to beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

21 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

..and that, is the issue with Shula...the 'we do what we do' one trick pony 

I dont understand how people still feel this way.. its so unfair.  One trick pony?  Kubiak and others have talked about how we are the most difficult team to prepare for because we give so many different looks.  Pay attention and you will see that we are not a one trick pony. 

I dont want to talk about SB50... but there were plays to be made and we didnt make them.  At what point does it fall on the players?  At what point do you give some credit to the defense we were playing?  They went to the superbowl for a reason...and the reason was that they had one of the best defenses of all time.  But since that was the last game we played, people are gonna jump back on the Shula hate wagon..

Archived