• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Broncos Fans are Saying...

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

IN preseason you just don't know. The coaches may be asking him to key on a certain receiver they want to look at more. 

True, but I mean using the preseason context again, against all the vanilla defenses and basic offensive play-calling, you can't really gauge how good a team is until the regular season starts. I mean Cam Newton looked like trash last preseason, but you know what happened afterwards. I won't judge a player until I see them play a few real games.

A lot of this is going to be mental chess

panthers  need to run the ball successfully 

offensive plays have to be smart and quick as does Newton. He has a tendency to get pinched into a V by fast DEs for a loss

if ever there was a game that Shula needs to adjust and Cam needs to be more cerebral, it's this one. He cannot let frustration overcome him

BTW, anyone who thinks Wade Phillips is going to do the same thing with the same looks would be wrong. Not his first rodeo stopping a running threat at QB

which coaching staff is smarter?  Which QB handles the frustration smarter and takes what the defense gives him, leads the team that wins this game.

15 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

A lot of this is going to be mental chess

panthers  need to run the ball successfully 

offensive plays have to be smart and quick as does Newton. He has a tendency to get pinched into a V by fast DEs for a loss

if ever there was a game that Shula needs to adjust and Cam needs to be more cerebral, it's this one. He cannot let frustration overcome him

BTW, anyone who thinks Wade Phillips is going to do the same thing with the same looks would be wrong. Not his first rodeo stopping a running threat at QB

which coaching staff is smarter?  Which QB handles the frustration smarter and takes what the defense gives him, leads the team that wins this game.

I agree Wade is a great DC....but what he did worked and was about the only thing that worked that entire season.

I doubt Wade is going to reinvent the wheel just for the sake of doing it.  What he did worked in terms of pressure.  I expect him to repeat the basic concepts until it doesn't work.  It wasn't rocket science.  We just never adjusted and kept trying to beat it the same way 

4 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

You know I hate to admit it because I was there, but I have no memory of any of the Manning turnovers (the interception rings a faint bell). That's how much I've blocked that part of the afternoon from my brain to keep from going insane.

Personally I would just like to see Cam show the nation that that whole post conference thing just the flip side of a coin we will see the other side of Thursday, it's difficult talking to non football people about him because that's all they really remember - his dancing and his performance in the Owl. He deserves better.

Well at least you were boozing it up and partying like the true Panthers that you are...representing in a big way

4 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

You know I hate to admit it because I was there, but I have no memory of any of the Manning turnovers (the interception rings a faint bell). That's how much I've blocked that part of the afternoon from my brain to keep from going insane.

Personally I would just like to see Cam show the nation that that whole post conference thing just the flip side of a coin we will see the other side of Thursday, it's difficult talking to non football people about him because that's all they really remember - his dancing and his performance in the Owl. He deserves better.

I dont remember the game at all, I do remember the flight home was pretty bad. you could cut the disappointment with a knife,

I think the game starts with our defense going out and just playing wound up. Lot of pent up energy and a bit of sourness from the Super Bowl. Then Cam is told just before he comes out for the first drive to just let it all go and do whatever he wants to get it in the endzone, so we no huddle them down the field and score. Then the game settles and we will see where it goes. I just feel like this game is going to start VERY intense.

10 hours ago, Saca312 said:

True. I feel he likes throwing into double coverage too much for comfort. I just don't understand all the hype. He's got potential for sure, but at best he seems like an average good quarterback so far. I don't see what's so special about him so far.

Aint jack special about him. He's a stopgap, but they have to say something about the QB. It's the NFL and QBs are king, even if this team isn't worried about large portions of its offense being manifested from one position.

The Broncos are built to win in spite of/ without stellar QB play.

Archived