• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Broncos Fans are Saying...

Jeremy Igo

Before you get on your high horses and tell me I shouldn't care, I know I shouldn't care but can't help myself, but I really don't think my physche can handle the trolls/haters/idiot fans/national pundits if we blow this game Thursday night. Mental breakdown....like rocking back and forth in a pool of my own tears mental break down 

Load the box and double Olsen... oh, wait a minute, that was LAST year. 

Teams are going to be dealing with an entirely different monster this year, Benji is back and Funch is much improved. Stewart is healthy, would have got 1000 last year if he wasn't held out of those games.

My only concern on defense is the rookie corners, if we struggle to get pressure they could be exposed. KK will see double teams, which means someone else should eat well. Linebackers will dominate as usual.

Thinking this game will be on our defense more than our offense. Peyton didn't turn the ball over because he's smart and knew just what the state of his offense was last year. This new QB guy getting hassled by our front 4, and hopefully another stifled run game, should help us generate some good field position and hopefully a defensive TD that will cause the Broncos to keep it really conservative on offense, thus helping the corner situation.

On offense the good news is that the team has been really working hard on the checkdowns which Denver should be giving us, so Olsen can get more involved. Week 1 is usually better for defenses than offenses so I don't want to see Cam airing it out to KB much this week.

On Sept. 5, 2013, the NFL season opened with a playoff rematch between two new rivals. The Baltimore Ravens had defeated a heavily favored Broncos team the previous year on their way to a Super Bowl victory. Denver's downfall was a fluke play, a future Super Bowl MVP playing his best-ever career games in the playoffs, and a few questionable coaching decisions. The Broncos had blown the doors off people all year. No one doubted who the best overall team was. But the Ravens got hot, got lucky and got the victory. Sound familiar?

In the rematch, Peyton Manning tossed 7 TDs in one of the all-time "fug you" performances I can remember. The game was close at the start -- the Ravens scored first and went into halftime with a 17-14 lead. Then the Broncos settled in and outscored the Ravens 21-0 in the third quarter en route to a convincing 49-27 win. I could see a similar thing happening Thursday, if you cut the final score in about half.

I know the way the Super Bowl went has everyone antsy, but the days of being a self-doubting Panthers fan are over. This offense averaged 31 points a game last season, even including the deflated effort @ATL and the Super Bowl. We put up 49 on the Cardinals and 31 on the Seahawks in the playoffs, both of which have top defenses. With KB and Philly back and a healthy Jonathan Stewart, I don't see how we fail to score at least 20. Denver will have to win the turnover/field position battle by a healthy margin to even keep it close, and that's unlikely with an untested QB and a rookie punter.

My initial prediction of 34-10 was a little homerific because I want the Broncos fans I'm surrounded with daily to be silenced. More reasonably, I'd say 28-13 Panthers. I just don't think it's close at the end.

Archived