• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Warning: Don't sleep on Broncos QB Siemian

Jeremy Igo

I feel their offenee has more potential, but there's also a higher risk for mistakes. I honesty am still on the boat that Siemian isn't as good as he's hyped up to be. He's had some good flashes, but he's had his bad throws. Plus it's preseason, and vanilla defensive schemes will help a quarterback.

Do I think their offense is better? It depends. Peyton allowed the offense tommanage the game well, and let their defense do the work. If Siemian gambles on some big plays, there might be a lot more turnovers this go around, and I've seen some preseason tape on him tending to throw near double coverage, a big no no. Does he have potential? I think so, and he might be the next Tom Brady, who knows. But all in all, I don't expect him to be at his prime in the season opener, and I think it'll be a defensive style game.

4 hours ago, CRA said:

I think it will be more dangerous.   As in there will be passes Manning couldn't and wouldn't make. 

I think there will be more mistakes made....can we capitalize will be the game 

I agree.  He will be more dangerous, both to us and the Broncos.  He will be able to make the bigger throws, but might also make more mistakes.

I do question how many risk the Broncos will take with him.  If they have the lead, they make take an occasional risk, but will be mostly conservative.  But if we can get a lead in the 4th qtr and put some pressure on the young qb, that might work to our advantage. 

8 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I agree.  He will be more dangerous, both to us and the Broncos.  He will be able to make the bigger throws, but might also make more mistakes.

I do question how many risk the Broncos will take with him.  If they have the lead, they make take an occasional risk, but will be mostly conservative.  But if we can get a lead in the 4th qtr and put some pressure on the young qb, that might work to our advantage. 

I think the vertical route is the right risk to take with an iffy QB.  Which is also a worry how well we defend two very good WRs. at it.  At least on those there isn't pick 6 potential and if it is a big enough ball won't be disastrous field position.

Peyton had no arm last year, but dont underestimate the ability he still had to read a defense presnap and put guys into positions to be successful. We're a dominate team and theres really no excuse not to overwhelm a QB making his first ever start  in a primetime game against a Super Bowl team. As long as we dont turn the ball over 4 times again we should win going away

Archived