• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Broncos Predictions Thread!

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Norway said:

Man I'm stoked right now. Strongly considering staying up for the game. Starts 02.30 AM local time, and I guess it lasts to around 06.00 AM. Don't usually stay up for the prime time games in the middle of the night except playoff games. I watch the prime time games the day after in replay, but it's the opener so I'm a bit torn. Sometimes I almost miss Panthers being irrelevant - it was much easier when the majority of matches were played 1:00 AM EST. That is like prime time for us Europeans..

I'm with you... this season is going to be tough with so many night games.  I too greatly prefer the 1 pm Eastern games.

I'm trying to decide what to do... Just got back to Africa last night.  For me it's a 1:30 a.m. start.   Given that I'm trying to get over jetlag so I can function well at work, staying up for the game would be really counterproductive to the process of getting re-established in this time zone.  Plus, my home internet is not good enough to stream the game, I'd need to spend the night at our office (we have a small guest suite as part of our office since we get a lot of short-term overseas visitors).

Alternately, I can stay home and listen to the game on the radio. My home internet is usually good enough for that...

But in any case, I'm excited the season is here, and just want to get this game with Denver behind us.  It's a bit nerve-wracking to have the "superbowl rematch" as the season opener.

1 hour ago, thebigcat said:

The homer in me says Carolina 17 Denver 10... The football fan in me knows Denver is a tough out at home especially on a night game... I love the Panthers but I see Denver 13 Carolina 7 and the server is shut down here for days

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Not happening.  Denver lost their DE for the season, Von Miller has been doing everything this offseason except working on his craft, Talib is a headcase in which the Broncos are desperately trying to trade.  A huge unknown at QB.  Did I mention a rookie punter?  Carolina hasn't lost much this offseason and quite possibly gotten somewhat better.  Look for carolinas defense to dominate and special teams to give the rookie punter a very long day.  You dont think Carolina been looking forward to this game, think again.  When Denver has their big Superbowl Winners intro thursday night, you will see one pissed off panther team.  I feel sorry for the rest of the teams on our schedule.

3 minutes ago, 15 said:

My work has a mandatory event that none of us want to even host on Thursday night which is going to cause me to miss my first panthers game in years. 

Now I have to have my neighbor DVR the game and hope that nobody spoils anything for me by keeping my phone off and plugging my ears the second someone tries to tell me the score. And then I have to come home and watch it at like 10pm at night. So pissed...

go there and throw up on your boss.  he will send you home.

55 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Alternately, I can stay home and listen to the game on the radio. My home internet is usually good enough for that...

Well, sounds like you are a bit worse of than I am. At least I'm able to watch the game at home, either live or in replay. I'm leaning towards the day after in replay, but we'll see

29 minutes ago, chbright said:

So Carolina replaces Jericho dropsies with KB, and can't improve on 10 pts against the team that lost it's anchor in the middle of the DL. Hmmmmm bit of a homer there?

Denver doesn't face the same Carolina defence either, but without the savy vet cannot capitalize on Panther's youth in the secondary. They can't convert frequently in the red zone and do not get a defensive score Thursday to bolster the offense. Instead the Panthers D gets turnovers from a vets up the middle of the defense that leads to a short field score.

Denver's defense still creates turnovers and bends but does not break. Panthers failed to shore up the right side against Von Miller who again reminds teams how to slow the Panthers O: attack Remmers and speed rush in Cams face.

In the end, the big difference is not the Qb now in Denver, but the fact Carolina finds a running game Thursday and a component quartet of receivers vs the super bowl squad dropsies.  Final 20 to 16 Panthers. 

first of all child i was going to games in clemson before your parents traded the food stamps for the booze that would fuel the night which brought you into this world. 

KB is fuging fat and shouldn't be counted on for anything. Savvy vet or not the Panthers are starting a bunch of random assholes in the secondary outside Coleman. Interior pressure is not why the Panthers lost the Superbowl; that would be edge rushing, where the Broncos are just as good and the Panthers are just as deficient at stopping it. 

Mike Shula still doesn't belong in the same stadium as Wade Phillips. 

The biggest question is how many throws does Siemian need to make to beat the Panthers on thursday? How many big plays put the game out of reach? Two? Three? Mean to tell me that Tre Boston isn't going to bite at least that many times on play action? 

you have a cute little fantasy there but its not grounded in reality.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

IMO, the altitude thing is way overblown. Its more mental than anything. Only takes a real toll over long periods of time. Players will have O2 masks and tanks on the sidelines. 

I'm sure the O2 mask will help. I was just in Denver and it's not a mental thing. I'm in excellent cardo shape and carrying luggage up some stairs was a very different experience in Denver than it is on other trips. It's really hard to catch your breathe and you just get winded more more easily. 

On 9/5/2016 at 9:19 AM, CRA said:

Talib and KB fight.  My prediction.

that is part of Talib's game if he doesn't think he can shut you down is to rough you up.  KB got a nasty streak

Could definitely see that happening (and hope we do).  We still owe him one after the BS cheap shot facemask on Philly...

Panthers 27 - 13

21-6 Panthers

Broncos get 2 fg's only because the altitude helps fg kickers. Every time they get within the red zone they are picked off. 

They can't stop our run game & Proehl has a plan for taking care of Talib which WR's execute to perfection.

Stan Adam Lee shows why 4th round picks are best used for trades.

16 hours ago, hepcat said:

I lived in Colorado for 5 years, that poo is not a joke. Coming and playing at a high altitude without time to adjust is a huge advantage for the Broncos. 

Without time to adjust lol.. They've had all off season and they make training mask now..

Archived