• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Broncos Predictions Thread!

Jeremy Igo

28-27 Broncos

I hate picking against the Panthers but I don't see us winning this one. Main reason - the altitude. The Panthers are already playing on a short week and have to travel. Then they have to deal with the team that just beat them in the Superbowl in their house. The Panthers will get an early lead, but the Broncos will wear the Panthers out and beat them with a late TD. Sorry folks, but there is a very strong chance we lose this one.

13 hours ago, Millioso7 said:

Man that shlt overrated none of are players got sickle cell we'll be too high off of are last match up to notice thin air..

I lived in Colorado for 5 years, that poo is not a joke. Coming and playing at a high altitude without time to adjust is a huge advantage for the Broncos. 

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

28-27 Broncos

I hate picking against the Panthers but I don't see us winning this one. Main reason - the altitude. The Panthers are already playing on a short week and have to travel. Then they have to deal with the team that just beat them in the Superbowl in their house. The Panthers will get an early lead, but the Broncos will wear the Panthers out and beat them with a late TD. Sorry folks, but there is a very strong chance we lose this one.

i agree with this

i roll my eyes so hard at "realistic fan" fugboys who always pick against the team and piss and whine about everything that it hurts but there is going to be a lot working against our panthers on thursday just thanks to the timing and logistics of the game.

if we drop this one i don't think it's some kind of referendum on cam/gettleman/rivera/whoever.  but this is a tough opener.

Just now, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

i agree with this

i roll my eyes so hard at "realistic fan" fugboys who always pick against the team and piss and whine about everything that it hurts but there is going to be a lot working against our panthers on thursday just thanks to the timing and logistics of the game.

if we drop this one i don't think it's some kind of referendum on cam/gettleman/rivera/whoever.  but this is a tough opener.

We're going to lose the opener but I see us going on a tear afterward. Schedule really opens up after the Broncos game.

Sadly, I'm only about 60/40 Panthers winning.  While I believe this team will find a way to win, we're going to have to overcome: the altitude, our own emotions running over, a QB we have zero real game tape on, and Von Miller.

I do think we'll run the ball better since they lost Jackson and their MLB.  But if on Passing downs, Miller wreaks the same kind of damage he did during the SB, it's going to be the same result.

A lot of us are discounting Siemen as he's a new QB.  Remember how well we do against QBs we know nothing about...or who haven't been seen in a while.  Plus we're starting two rookie CBs.  Say what you will, but Thomas is still a top flight WR.

Who really knows?  I think we'll pull out a win, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose this one.  Denver is going to be loose again because all the eyes are going to be on how Cam plays.  If we are all tight and wound up, which leads to poor performances, we're going to lose.  That sucks, but it's how we've been for years.

11 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Sadly, I'm only about 60/40 Panthers winning.  While I believe this team will find a way to win, we're going to have to overcome: the altitude, our own emotions running over, a QB we have zero real game tape on, and Von Miller.

I do think we'll run the ball better since they lost Jackson and their MLB.  But if on Passing downs, Miller wreaks the same kind of damage he did during the SB, it's going to be the same result.

A lot of us are discounting Siemen as he's a new QB.  Remember how well we do against QBs we know nothing about...or who haven't been seen in a while.  Plus we're starting two rookie CBs.  Say what you will, but Thomas is still a top flight WR.

Who really knows?  I think we'll pull out a win, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose this one.  Denver is going to be loose again because all the eyes are going to be on how Cam plays.  If we are all tight and wound up, which leads to poor performances, we're going to lose.  That sucks, but it's how we've been for years.

Miller had the best game of his career in the Super Bowl.  Just playing the odds, he is human again this Thursday. 

I consider this game no tough than your average Seahawks game.  A tough one.  A near coin flip game IMO

25 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I mean, most of the starters haven't played since August 26th. 

The shorter week in not being able to travel to Denver sooner to adjust to the altitude. The Panthers haven't played in Denver since 2004. None of the players are prepared for it. None of the coaches are even talking about it. They're going to get worn out and we're going to be sitting here wondering why they collapsed in the 4th quarter.

Archived