• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Broncos Predictions Thread!

Jeremy Igo

So hard to predict an opener. New season, different rosters.

If this was a Week 6 game or later, I would've felt better about our chances. My heart always goes Panthers but when I think about it, there are more paths towards a loss than a win. Here's why:

1. Crowd noise. Big issue for us in the SB and is only going to be worse this time.

2. No Peyton Manning. Mainly, guy was an absolute statue. Defense is going to have a harder time if they do a lot of rollouts. I can also seeing us getting gashed for long runs at critical junctures.

3. Pass interference. I can already see those calls against our secondary because their relative newness and the offensive variety againts our receivers. Saw a preview of that in preseason.

4. Turnovers. Long story short, we'll lose this battle. Maybe not as bad. KB tipping a pass that gets picked off is a strong possibility.

I know it all sounds grim but the way I see it, this will be the wake up call to tell us that this season will be much harder. Long term, we'll end up a better team than last year but this loss is going to sting.

---

Prediction:

Broncos 23

Panthers 13

--

By the way, this doesn't mean I see a win being impossible. 

1. Siemian makes mistakes. Ideally, a strip sack to give him the Cam SB experience.

2. Win the field position game. Having Andy may be a more important asset than KB.

3. Hit one or two big plays for touchdowns. Doesn't have to be bombs. Can be a screen or a pass to a wide open back under heavy pressure.

In this case:

Panthers 20

Broncos 10

I feel this game will go down to as far as special teams. Hearing the Broncos punting group having issues is comforting. I feel Andy Lee will have a bigger role in this game than most think, and the field position advantage we'll get will be huge. It'll come down to the Defense, but I feel we pull it off, and actually have a decent offensive showing.

30-17 Panthers win.

Given that I've been traveling, I haven't watched any Denver preseason games.  So, it's really hard for me to judge where they're at.  I'm thinking this is gonna be almost all defense.  Panthers D will win the turnover battle, and we'll win by a field goal.

Panthers 16 - Denver 13

I'd like to predict a much bigger win, but it's too hard to do considering the SB loss.  Can't get cocky. The Denver D is still potent even though they've lost a few players..  This is still an away game too, at high altitude.  I'm not as confident as I'd like to be. 

Would love to be proven very wrong for my hesitancy about our offense's ability to succeed in this one.  I'll gladly eat crow and rejoice if we can score 25+ and win by 10 or more.

By the way, @JeremyIgo, has there been an official season prediction thread?  I've not seen one.

Archived