• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CH Update

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Well we both can agree with that. Regardless, if 8 people out of 10 preferred bird seed, that's their business, no?

What if they clamored constantly online about how great the birdseed tastes and how the birdseed company executives are truly culinary geniuses? Even though you knew the truth because your palette is better?

2 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

What if they clamored constantly online about how great the birdseed tastes and how the birdseed company executives are truly culinary geniuses? Even though you knew the truth because your palette is better?

What does it matter? They like it. And probably don't care what you have to say about it. Point is, you don't like Southpark. Nobody that does like it cares what you think lol

Since I don't want to turn another Igo thread into a 30 page political thing, I'm going to take the high ground and refuse to mention how that show and their Team America relentlessly mocked everyone who opposed the Iraq war as drooling idiots and assholes, and how now they and all the political candidates pretend they were against it too

4 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Since I don't want to turn another Igo thread into a 30 page political thing, I'm going to take the high ground and refuse to mention how that show and their Team America relentlessly mocked everyone who opposed the Iraq war as drooling idiots and assholes, and how now they and all the political candidates pretend they were against it too

iseewatudidthere.jpg

2 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

We call that "thought-terminating logic"

Not really the same thing. You aren't challenging thought or debating. You are just saying "that show sucks. That show is stupid"

I respect your opinion and I respect you as a poster. But I like the show. You don't. I'm moving on. You probably should too considering most of the people posting in this do like it and calling their taste poo isn't going to win anyone over to your SP bashing agenda.

23 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Not really the same thing. You aren't challenging thought or debating. You are just saying "that show sucks. That show is stupid"

I respect your opinion and I respect you as a poster. But I like the show. You don't. I'm moving on. You probably should too considering most of the people posting in this do like it and calling their taste poo isn't going to win anyone over to your SP bashing agenda.

Of course I am. This is a platform where people exchange thoughts and opinions and not everybody needs to have the same opinion on something. Opinions shouldn't be static and never challenged.

And I'm not going to pussyfoot around the idea that the show is bad just because it makes other people squirm. It's been bad for a fairly long time now, their formula is stale and they basically telegraph their social commentary at this point. They put no effort into being original or creating spontaneous humor.

They made the crux of an entire season a lampoon of political correctness. Basically a cheap, fanservice move. Maybe they do really hate the idea of political correctness but either way they know you guys that give them their ratings will just lap it up as long as they tell you what you want to hear.

And all that crap that someone a few pages earlier was talking about how great the show was a because it stays up to date with current events, well all that really tells me is that they are so over-reliant on being topical because they don't have any ideas to run on.

9 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

Of course it is. This is a platform where people exchange thoughts and opinions and not everybody needs to have the same opinion on something. Opinions shouldn't be static and never challenged.

And I'm not going to pussyfoot around the idea that the show is bad just because it makes other people squirm. It's been bad for a fairly long time now, their formula is stale and they basically telegraph their social commentary at this point. They put no effort into being original or creating spontaneous humor.

They made the crux of an entire season a lampoon of political correctness. Basically a cheap, fanservice move. Maybe they do really hate the idea of political correctness but either way they know you guys that give them their ratings will just lap it up as long as they tell you what you want to hear.

And all that crap that someone a few pages earlier was talking about how great the show was a because it stays up to date with current events, we'll all that really tells me is that they are so over-reliant on being topical because they don't have any ideas to run on.

Hmmmm... "They have no ideas, their ideas are stale" followed by "they rely on current events and on being topical" ... Sigh

The show is amazing. It's going on its 18th season now I think? Their Broadway play was a massive success. And I can assure you they do indeed hate political correctness. They constantly push the societal boundaries and have happily made mainstream enemies because they refuse to sugarcoat anything.

I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this, but you really don't know what the fug you are talking about. You don't have to like the show, but don't just make things up. It's following is actually not total stoners and kids in mom and dads basement. Much of their following is highly educated. And they are both very political and advocates for the libertarian party. More than I can say for most who are blindly following our obviously lost and broken two party system. So try again.

Lastly, I don't want to turn this thread into something Igo didn't intend it to be. I will gladly openly debate you on this subject, but not in this thread. You can move this topic somewhere else and tag me in it if you wish to continue. But not here.

14 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Hmmmm... "They have no ideas, their ideas are stale" followed by "they rely on current events and on being topical" ... Sigh

Yea uhhh using current events to bounce all of their unoriginal ideas off of isn't exactly what I'd call fresh, thought-provoking content.

The show is amazing. It's going on its 18th season now I think? Their Broadway play was a massive success. And I can assure you they do indeed hate political correctness. They constantly push the societal boundaries and have happily made mainstream enemies because they refuse to sugarcoat anything.

The show's honestly really not amazing. You only think it is because they re-affirm your opinions. And who cares if their broadway play was a massive success. So was Twilight. Like I don't even want to engage with you in a debate about how they really are not pushing societal boundaries because you're way off the reservation but they're pretty late to the "PC vs Anti-PC" battle.

I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this, but you really don't know what the fug you are talking about. You don't have to like the show, but don't just make things up. It's following is actually not total stoners and kids in mom and dads basement. Much of their following is highly educated. And they are both very political and advocates for the libertarian party. More than I can say for most who are blindly following our obviously lost and broken two party system. So try again.

I like it when somebody tells me I don't know what the fug I'm talking about and then they proceed to pull all of this poo out of their ass that they cannot possibly prove. You really need to step up your debate game, brochacho.

Lastly, I don't want to turn this thread into something Igo didn't intend it to be. I will gladly openly debate you on this subject, but not in this thread. You can move this topic somewhere else and tag me in it if you wish to continue. But not here.

Igo didn't have to post an unfunny shitty south park may may in his OP but he did so as far as I'm concerned we're on topic.

1 minute ago, frash.exe said:

Yea uhhh using current events to bounce all of their unoriginal ideas isn't exactly what I'd call fresh, thought-provoking content.

The show's honestly really not amazing. You only think it is because they re-affirm your opinions. And who cares if their broadway play was a massive success. So was Twilight. Like I don't even want to engage with you in a debate about how they really are not pushing societal boundaries because you're way off the reservation but they're pretty late to the "PC vs Anti-PC" battle.

I like it when somebody tells me I don't know what the fug I'm talking about and then they proceed to pull all of this poo out of their ass that they cannot possibly prove. You really need to step up your debate game, brochacho.

Igo didn't have to post an unfunny shitty south park may may in his OP but he did so as far as I'm concerned we're on topic.

Yeah. It would be WAY more thought provoking if their show had NOTHING to do with current events... SERIOUSLY?

And go ahead and tell me what I can't possibly prove so I can prove it and prove you wrong. Because everything I said, I can back up. Try me, since you think you know that I'm in checkmate...

4 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yeah. It would be WAY more thought provoking if their show had NOTHING to do with current events... SERIOUSLY?

Ever watch the Boondocks?

And go ahead and tell me what I can't possibly prove so I can prove it and prove you wrong. Because everything I said, I can back up. Try me, since you think you know that I'm in checkmate...

lol by all means tell me about these esteemed, highly educated legion of south park fans. I expect you can demonstrate that there are a higher proportion of STEM field professionals than the general population, for starters.

7 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

Ever watch the Boondocks?

lol by all means tell me about these esteemed, highly educated legion of south park fans. I expect you can demonstrate that there are a higher proportion of STEM field professionals than the general population, for starters.

Certainly I can't post a page full of specific scientists that support the show. But I will post these:

http://www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/web/academics/schools/mediaarts/undergraduate/televisionradio/faculty/briandunphy.php

http://entertainment.time.com/2009/03/12/is-south-park-the-most-moral-show-on-tv/

http://www.mcdaniel.edu/information/headlines/news-at-mcdaniel/archive/south-park-fosters-classroom-discussions-of-social-issues

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98183000

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/09/25/reason-your-kids-should-be-watching-south-park/

http://gizmodo.com/10-of-the-smartest-cartoon-shows-in-animation-history-1564438696

since I'm confident you won't pay a bit of attention to the above articles, I'll summarize. They include information on a couple of college professors that have developed classes around the show itself to engage in political correctness and social studies. NPR even covers this.

Meanwhile, Time magazine along with a few other links make an argument for why the show may be the smartest in animated show in television and why it holds its own against any show even.

I'm sure that since I didn't give you exactly what you asked for or provide a poll consisting of only voters with doctorate degrees to voice their opinion with votes, you will completely disregard all of that. Nevertheless, it's pretty damn phenomenal that an animated show can have published sociology books studying and analyzing it as a great contribution to politics and social issues within our society. But I digress. 

Archived