• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster - The Good and The Bad

Jeremy Igo

Our 53 is  pretty solid list but I would not be too surprised to see an OL, CB, Tight End and/or DE being picked up. The possibility of  Larsen, Simonson, Norris, Delaire or Horton losing their spot. 

I would love to see what Wilks could to do with Millner.   The TE from NYJ Jace Amero would be an upgrade over Simonson. I am on the bandwagon to bring Hardy back.

I do agree we aren't done yet.

3 hours ago, O-Ther said:

I agree the drop-off from Olsen to Dickson is steep. Almost as bad as from Julio Jones to Mohammed Sanu, Cameron Jordan to every other Aint pass-rusher, and from Logan Mankins to the slappy that took J.R. Sweezy's place

I also agree that our DE depth raises an eyebrow. We had 44 sacks last year, good for 6th in the NFL. We are returning every DE from last year, but have not yet found a replacement for Jared Allen's 2 sacks. This is troubling, because Soliai and Butler are tasked with replacing Kyle Love's 3 sack contribution from last year. They can't be expected to replace Jared's 2 sacks, so who will we bring in to replace that vital contribution? Please investigate and report this.

Heck, I think people are way to confident in our starters.  Ealy has a great Super Bowl, he has never proven he can be be consistent 3 down starting DE and Johnson is on the decline IMO and probably should be a rotational guy

23 hours ago, CRA said:

Heck, I think people are way to confident in our starters.  Ealy has a great Super Bowl, he has never proven he can be be consistent 3 down starting DE and Johnson is on the decline IMO and probably should be a rotational guy

Not a bad post.  Glass half empty, but reasonable.  But, in other threads, you've said they won 17 games and "dominated".

Good write up.  Though I'll be honest--couldn't help but chuckle Wegher's name was mentioned in the first sentence.  Sheesh.  

Anyways, DE depth is concerning.  We've got young guys with the right size and potential but man, they seem inconsistent.  If just one of them could make major strides, it could do a tremendous amount for this defense.  Whether it's Delaire/Edwards becoming consistent contributors or Ealy retaining his SB type level performance.  

The one thing I don't understand is why everyone is all of a sudden concerned about our TE situation.  We have the same guys as last year minus Brockel.    

2 minutes ago, davos said:

Good write up.  Though I'll be honest--couldn't help but chuckle Wegher's name was mentioned in the first sentence.  Sheesh.  

Anyways, DE depth is concerning.  We've got young guys with the right size and potential but man, they seem inconsistent.  If just one of them could make major strides, it could do a tremendous amount for this defense.  Whether it's Delaire/Edwards becoming consistent contributors or Ealy retaining his SB type level performance.  

The one thing I don't understand is why everyone is all of a sudden concerned about our TE situation.  We have the same guys as last year minus Brockel.    

I think TE is the concern because we are dependent on Olsen suiting up 16 games and continuing to play nearly every snap of a season. 

Dangerous way to live.  He is another year older and plays the highest percentage of snaps in the NFL at his position.  Law of averages doing that means he is going to get banged up at some point 

Archived