• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster - The Good and The Bad

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

No he hasn't 

He was in the news all last year making weird comments about women married to other players, getting into scuffles with coaches and teammates, doing interviews to bring up junk. etc last year.   That isn't being quiet.

He's publicly praised his former team (circus) of last year and owner.  Unlike Ted Ginn Jr who sincerely felt bad blood.  His other good deeds have been ironically too quiet to go noticed by most.

Our QB calls other team's players Donkey Kong and scuffled with teammates as well.

4 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

He's publicly praised his former team (circus) of last year and owner.  Unlike Ted Ginn Jr who sincerely felt bad blood.  His other good deeds have been ironically too quiet to go noticed by most.

Our QB calls other team's players Donkey Kong and scuffled with teammates as well.

You said he had been quiet. I gave examples in the last year of how he has been very loud.  

The Cam comment is a desperate reach and totally has nothing to do with Hardy's botched redemption tour 

Just now, CRA said:

You said he had been quiet. I gave examples in the last year of how he has been very loud.  

The Cam comment is a desperate reach and totally has nothing to do with Hardy's botched redemption tour 

Do we want to dominate or not?  Choke the opposition into quick submission and make them further fear even getting off the bus?  Or do what the other 31 want us to do?  I prefer the former.

11 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Been there his whole career.  Why the Coaches thought they could move him to LT and it work, is beyond me.  

Who knows....it's not like they are professionals at this. I'm sure he appreciated the chance to greatly increase his earning potential 

4 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

Do we want to dominate or not?  Choke the opposition into quick submission and make them further fear even getting off the bus?  Or do what the other 31 want us to do?  I prefer the former.

Pretty sure we dominated last season....without Hardy.  We had weaknesses going into that season as well. 

I don't want Hardy and that has diddly to do with 31 other teams also no t wanting him.  Greg Hardy is why 32 teams haven't signed him....not a singular incident. 

Greg Hardy isn't the first guy who let poor decisions destroy his career.  Won't be the last.

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

I'm just going to say it, we'd be a better team with Greg Hardy. Sucks that he had to lose his career because he got mixed up with the wrong girl. 

Hardy wasn't gonna be here after that franchised year even if the girl he'd been involved with was the reincarnation of Mother Teresa.

This may send you off on another anti-DG rant, but Hardy doesn't and didn't fit the "solid person, smart football player" mold that DG wants. Even pre-Nicole, he was a ticking time-bomb flake and dumb as a box of rocks.

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

I'm just going to say it, we'd be a better team with Greg Hardy. Sucks that he had to lose his career because he got mixed up with the wrong girl. 

We have enough leadership on this team that can handle Hardy.  I think the issues of Dallas have given him some awareness.   A modest contract with a ton o incentives will motivate Hardy.

10 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Hardy wasn't gonna be here after that franchised year even if the girl he'd been involved with was the reincarnation of Mother Teresa.

This may send you off on another anti-DG rant, but Hardy doesn't and didn't fit the "solid person, smart football player" mold that DG wants. Even pre-Nicole, he was a ticking time-bomb flake and dumb as a box of rocks.

Those a few of those guys on every super bowl winning team. 

6 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

He wasn't going to be here because he's a $100 million contract talent.

Yet our current option in his stead was popped for PEDs less than a year ago, our stud WR had a 7 on the Wonderlic, we have a RB facing an equal A1 Misdemeanor charge in the presence of a LEO, etc.

1 minute ago, ctrcat said:

He wasn't going to be here because he's a $100 million contract talent.

Yet our current option in his stead was popped for PEDs less than a year ago, our stud WR had a 7 on the Wonderlic, we have a RB facing an equal A1 Misdemeanor charge in the presence of a LEO, etc.

We have a RB that beat a woman in the presence of law enforcement?

Please do fill us in on the details of this horrible crime!

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It ain't all rainbows and unicorns up in this bish

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2016/09/04/carolina-panthers-roster-analysis/

I agree the drop-off from Olsen to Dickson is steep. Almost as bad as from Julio Jones to Mohammed Sanu, Cameron Jordan to every other Aint pass-rusher, and from Logan Mankins to the slappy that took J.R. Sweezy's place

I also agree that our DE depth raises an eyebrow. We had 44 sacks last year, good for 6th in the NFL. We are returning every DE from last year, but have not yet found a replacement for Jared Allen's 2 sacks. This is troubling, because Soliai and Butler are tasked with replacing Kyle Love's 3 sack contribution from last year. They can't be expected to replace Jared's 2 sacks, so who will we bring in to replace that vital contribution? Please investigate and report this.

Archived