• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Complete list of today's cuts... including Sandland...

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Whittaker, Brown, Bersin, Byrd, Simonson, Gradkowski, Larsen, Remmers, Soliai, Horton, Delaire, Norris, Williams, McClain, or Jones Take your pick.

So, UDFAs excuse a front office from throwing away draft picks every year? I have lost track of how many draft picks have been wasted. Why even draft when you can just load up on UDFAs? They have thrown away 16 picks in the past 4 off seasons. That is like 3 Gettleman sized drafts. 3 years of growth tossed out the window.

Never wanted Stevie Brown. He was signed because he was a Gettleman guy. Looks like Gettleman tossed him some money to go against the dead money on the cap, and then let him run away with it. Would not be surprised to see him signed back during the season when the front office is doing their annual street free agent run.

The players that hold this team down are the reason for that record in spite of the coaching and the front office. You can thank Cam, Stewart, Olsen, Kalil, Kuechly, Davis, Johnson, KK, and Norman for those wins. The SB was lost due to the continual problems of WR depth, RB depth, OTs, DBs, and DE depth.

WR, RB, OL, TE, DL, LB, and DB.... name me one of those units from 2016 that you believe is the deepest in Panthers history. I will find you at least one better. Good luck.

16 picks?? This I got to hear.

48 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Whittaker, Brown, Bersin, Byrd, Simonson, Gradkowski, Larsen, Remmers, Soliai, Horton, Delaire, Norris, Williams, McClain, or Jones Take your pick.

So, UDFAs excuse a front office from throwing away draft picks every year? I have lost track of how many draft picks have been wasted. Why even draft when you can just load up on UDFAs? They have thrown away 16 picks in the past 4 off seasons. That is like 3 Gettleman sized drafts. 3 years of growth tossed out the window.

Never wanted Stevie Brown. He was signed because he was a Gettleman guy. Looks like Gettleman tossed him some money to go against the dead money on the cap, and then let him run away with it. Would not be surprised to see him signed back during the season when the front office is doing their annual street free agent run.

The players that hold this team down are the reason for that record in spite of the coaching and the front office. You can thank Cam, Stewart, Olsen, Kalil, Kuechly, Davis, Johnson, KK, and Norman for those wins. The SB was lost due to the continual problems of WR depth, RB depth, OTs, DBs, and DE depth.

WR, RB, OL, TE, DL, LB, and DB.... name me one of those units from 2016 that you believe is the deepest in Panthers history. I will find you at least one better. Good luck.

I read this for the laughs. Did not disappoint. (not a personal attack...)

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

I appreciate the fact that you have a different opinion, and I am trying to think about it and understand where you are coming from... but seriously, WTF??

It will be a great day in huddle history when posters ignore cpantherking, not putting him on the list but ignore him so he's all alone in the open.

Posters on the huddle, if I'm somehow beyond bored and entertain one of cpk baits........ Your have my permission to light my balls on fire and stomp them out.

3 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Seriously. Why so upset ?

2 hours ago, MV%doe said:

It will be a great day in huddle history when posters ignore cpantherking, not putting him on the list but ignore him so he's all alone in the open.

Posters on the huddle, if I'm somehow beyond bored and entertain one of cpk baits........ Your have my permission to light my balls on fire and stomp them out.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Hmm, still haven't heard. I'll see what I can do:

2013: Kugbila and Barner (4th and 6th)

2014: Gaffney (6th)

2015: None

2016: Sanchez and Sandland (5th and 7th, if on PS it's too early to call)

So, I get 5 if we are counting and 2 (Gaffney and Kugbila) spent their first two seasons on IR. And, if we count the UDFA success of Norwell, Brown, Cash, Remmers and Byrd, along with the rostering of Bersin, Delaire, Marlowe, Larsen and Hawkins, some of whom were UDFAs for other teams, you see that DG finds a lot of gems who contribute. So, yes to our friend CPK, UDFAs are extremely important for filling out your roster and in some cases you get starters and key contributors.

Tell us CPK, in your infinite wisdom who are the other 11 wasted draft picks? I'm all ears.

Hahaha. Don't let facts get in the way a perfectly good argument. 

How about go back another 3 drafts and tell us how great the previous regime did? First round was mostly grand slams.

Damn near everything after that is a strike out. 

31 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

It's just hard for rookie to kick a vet off a Superbowl caliber team.  Doesn't mean it was a bad draft.  I don't think Sandland or Sanchez are out of the league.

True but the thing is Sandland did not  have a lot of competition. All he had to do was beat out Dickson or simonson who are below average NFL tight ends and could not do it. That is disappointing

Archived