• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Complete list of today's cuts... including Sandland...

Jeremy Igo

I like Wegher as much as the next guy but i hope you people realize he was playing special teams because the coaches wanted to give him every opportunity to make the roster. If he can't move up the depth chart he wasnt making the roster. He had no offensive snaps last year, no way was the team  keeping him if he cant contribute.

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

Not really. The depth is among the worst in the league. All the key players need to stay healthy going into the playoffs like last season. This is not a next man up type of front office.

This has been going on for 4 off seasons. Horrible use of the draft and free agency. The future is tied to the foundation from 2011/2012 staying put for the next 5 years. After that the Panthers have no viable replacements.

And we all saw how that worked out with Teddy Williams when games matter. Rarely does he make the tackle and when he is in position to make the tackle he pulls up and lets them run by him. The coaches never want to put Williams in a game to cover and he is horrible as a special teams player.

Then again this is the same front office that likes Mike Remmers, Kurt Coleman, Philly Brown, Brenton Bersin, Damiere Byrd, Fozzy Whitaker, Scott Simonson, Teddy Williams, Chris Scott, Paul Soliai, Robert McClain, Tyler Larsen, Colin Jones, Wes Horton, Ryan Delaire, and Mario Addison. You do not want to see any of those players touching the field on game day.

Meanwhile, they let players walk that have value around the league like Marcus Lucas, Brandon Wegher, David Yankey, Keyarris Garrett, and Beau Sandland.

Overall the Panthers depth is horrible and it seems to get worse every off season. The Panthers second team players on the depth chart are atrocious, and they could easily get you the worst record in the NFL.

I believe the Panthers have the players to dominate the league with several of their first team players, but if they have to rely on the depth they have failed to build over the past 4 offseasons, the Panthers are in trouble.

No depth. Our number one WR went down last year and we went to the Superbowl. Aaron Rogers number 1 went down and they nearly fell apart. 

No depth? Our all pro linebacker missed 3 and a half games and we didn't lose a game. 

And we have more depth at those positions than even last year. What are you talking about? ...No depth?

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

That and ignoring the two UDFAs that are on the roster. Personally, I wanted Cash in the 7th when he kept dropping, as safety depth. I was happy when we got him and Garrett, made the draft as a whole better. Cash can be special IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Yeah, small or not, Cash impressed me every time he was in the game.

36 minutes ago, emhoward said:

No depth. Our number one WR went down last year and we went to the Superbowl. Aaron Rogers number 1 went down and they nearly fell apart. 

No depth? Our all pro linebacker missed 3 and a half games and we didn't lose a game. 

And we have more depth at those positions than even last year. What are you talking about? ...No depth?

Best post I've seen in a while.

I sincerely doubt a team picks up anyone that we cut besides Sanchez or Wegher, and Wegher simply didn't do enough/there are plenty of running backs we could get if we needed one. Sandland didn't perform on game days, he looked out of place and lost. Sometimes its not about the ability, but more about the IQ.

Sanchez I am surprised about, but I suppose the team is gambling that Bene stays healthy and maybe they are looking at a outside CB replacement via trade or FA.

Gettleman knows this team is in its window, and he's trying to win the superbowl this year. I can see him giving up Sanchez to bring in a more experienced CB, even if its only for this one season

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I really like our 53 man roster. If we were to sign a street free agent, who would we cut? 

Maybe Jared Norris or Tyler Larsen. You can see how talented we are.

Whittaker, Brown, Bersin, Byrd, Simonson, Gradkowski, Larsen, Remmers, Soliai, Horton, Delaire, Norris, Williams, McClain, or Jones Take your pick.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

That and ignoring the two UDFAs that are on the roster. Personally, I wanted Cash in the 7th when he kept dropping, as safety depth. I was happy when we got him and Garrett, made the draft as a whole better. Cash can be special IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

So, UDFAs excuse a front office from throwing away draft picks every year? I have lost track of how many draft picks have been wasted. Why even draft when you can just load up on UDFAs? They have thrown away 16 picks in the past 4 off seasons. That is like 3 Gettleman sized drafts. 3 years of growth tossed out the window.

1 hour ago, Paintballr said:

Hey, how is Stevie Brown working out?

Never wanted Stevie Brown. He was signed because he was a Gettleman guy. Looks like Gettleman tossed him some money to go against the dead money on the cap, and then let him run away with it. Would not be surprised to see him signed back during the season when the front office is doing their annual street free agent run.

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

we have terrible depth and talent evaluators, yet somehow managed to squeeze out an 18-2 season and a trip to the Super Bowl. Rivera must be the best coach ever.

The players that hold this team down are the reason for that record in spite of the coaching and the front office. You can thank Cam, Stewart, Olsen, Kalil, Kuechly, Davis, Johnson, KK, and Norman for those wins. The SB was lost due to the continual problems of WR depth, RB depth, OTs, DBs, and DE depth.

8 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

This team is deeper in talent now than at any other time in the Panthers existence.

Those who believe otherwise either haven't been fans very long or are dealing with long term memory loss.

WR, RB, OL, TE, DL, LB, and DB.... name me one of those units from 2016 that you believe is the deepest in Panthers history. I will find you at least one better. Good luck.

Archived