• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Complete list of today's cuts... including Sandland...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Growl said:

They all aren't going to. We cut two draft picks who both failed to crack the lineup at two very shallow positions.

I would disagree about nickel being a shallow position. Shaq will essentially be the nickel in some packages and Bene is a pretty good nickel as well. 

52 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Hey, this is a pretty tough roster to make. 

Not really. The depth is among the worst in the league. All the key players need to stay healthy going into the playoffs like last season. This is not a next man up type of front office.

49 minutes ago, pantherfan49 said:

Throw in the fact that Norwood didn't make the active roster, and Gett basically cut half of our draft picks.  He doesn't care about the future and he clearly can't evaluate talent.

This has been going on for 4 off seasons. Horrible use of the draft and free agency. The future is tied to the foundation from 2011/2012 staying put for the next 5 years. After that the Panthers have no viable replacements.

16 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

I'm guessing the coaches, front office, and owner disagree with you. 

And we all saw how that worked out with Teddy Williams when games matter. Rarely does he make the tackle and when he is in position to make the tackle he pulls up and lets them run by him. The coaches never want to put Williams in a game to cover and he is horrible as a special teams player.

Then again this is the same front office that likes Mike Remmers, Kurt Coleman, Philly Brown, Brenton Bersin, Damiere Byrd, Fozzy Whitaker, Scott Simonson, Teddy Williams, Chris Scott, Paul Soliai, Robert McClain, Tyler Larsen, Colin Jones, Wes Horton, Ryan Delaire, and Mario Addison. You do not want to see any of those players touching the field on game day.

Meanwhile, they let players walk that have value around the league like Marcus Lucas, Brandon Wegher, David Yankey, Keyarris Garrett, and Beau Sandland.

Overall the Panthers depth is horrible and it seems to get worse every off season. The Panthers second team players on the depth chart are atrocious, and they could easily get you the worst record in the NFL.

I believe the Panthers have the players to dominate the league with several of their first team players, but if they have to rely on the depth they have failed to build over the past 4 offseasons, the Panthers are in trouble.

33 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Cutting a 7th round pick shouldn't even count as cutting a draft pick. Those guys are always long shots in the first place.

Simonson over Sandland. Williams over Sanchez. I would definitely call that a failed draft. When a team can not build depth for the future from the draft, that shows for a weak front office. I believe this entire draft will be gone before all their rookie contracts are up.

44 minutes ago, 15 said:

wow I totally thought Regis was on the team last year. Guess that season was kind of a blur. I also double checked the PFF depth chart to refresh my member and he was on their. Love behind Short and Regis behind Star.

CAR-DC2.png 

That chart was previous to the season. Several players not on the initial 53, KB as a starter, no Rod Coleman, etc.

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Oh go away. Stop pissing in every thread. That is just ridiculous. What about Cash?

Go root for another team.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

"literally anything that happens confirms my genius analysis that gettleman is a bad person who can't evaluate talent and this front office is weak and this (draft/season/practice/team bowling outing) was a failure"

there, now that you know exactly what he's going to post for the next ten years you can stuff him on ignore 

39 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Not really. The depth is among the worst in the league. All the key players need to stay healthy going into the playoffs like last season. This is not a next man up type of front office.

This has been going on for 4 off seasons. Horrible use of the draft and free agency. The future is tied to the foundation from 2011/2012 staying put for the next 5 years. After that the Panthers have no viable replacements.

And we all saw how that worked out with Teddy Williams when games matter. Rarely does he make the tackle and when he is in position to make the tackle he pulls up and lets them run by him. The coaches never want to put Williams in a game to cover and he is horrible as a special teams player.

Then again this is the same front office that likes Mike Remmers, Kurt Coleman, Philly Brown, Brenton Bersin, Damiere Byrd, Fozzy Whitaker, Scott Simonson, Teddy Williams, Chris Scott, Paul Soliai, Robert McClain, Tyler Larsen, Colin Jones, Wes Horton, Ryan Delaire, and Mario Addison. You do not want to see any of those players touching the field on game day.

Meanwhile, they let players walk that have value around the league like Marcus Lucas, Brandon Wegher, David Yankey, Keyarris Garrett, and Beau Sandland.

Overall the Panthers depth is horrible and it seems to get worse every off season. The Panthers second team players on the depth chart are atrocious, and they could easily get you the worst record in the NFL.

I believe the Panthers have the players to dominate the league with several of their first team players, but if they have to rely on the depth they have failed to build over the past 4 offseasons, the Panthers are in trouble.

Hey, how is Stevie Brown working out?

7 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

we have terrible depth and talent evaluators, yet somehow managed to squeeze out an 18-2 season and a trip to the Super Bowl. Rivera must be the best coach ever.

gettleman will probably have stepped down by the time cam and luke are gone from this team

how sad, i guess we'll just have to enjoy watching our favorite team and we might never truly find out if gettleman is good at his job or just some moron shitting in his hand and throwing it against the wall 

Archived