• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings get raped, trade for Sam Bradford - Panthers relevance

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Mojo said:

That team is built well.  If he stays healthy they'll be fine.  It's a good move for them but they did get completely raped..which they were obviously okay with.

If they're okay with it, it's not rape. 

Sorry, the defense attorney in me just couldn't pass that up. 

23 hours ago, top dawg said:

Look, I am not saying Bradford is all that and a bag of chips. Dude has been through a lot and is hard to actually evaluate. Bradford has a big arm, and had shown some promise when he isn't running for his life. Dude has been in several offensive systems, has had limited pieces to work with, and has been injured. This is not a recipe for success. Perhaps in a good system that fits his skill set, he can finally get some stability and thrive.

Bridgewater, like it or not, was never as athletically gifted as many thought, he has a noodle arm, and a low projectory on his throwing motion to boot. He'll likely take a couple of years to get back to where he was, and it's not like he was lighting the world on fire either. Sure he has shown some efficiency at being a game manager, but he's not a top third of the league guy. So, I guess he was hyped up also. Smallish with a noodle arm. That's not what I want in my starting QB.

This is quite delusional and inherently contradictory. Sam Bradford was taken number 1 overall. He is one of the highest paid football players of all time. He had gotten multiple offensive coordinators and multiple head coaches fired. The one head coach that didn't get fired over him, Jeff Fisher, believed tremendously that Sam Bradford was his quarterback at one point. Even he gave up on Sam Bradford.

If you look at the career numbers of Sam Bradford and Josh Freeman you notice they are not all that different. Bradford has a slightly higher quarterback rating. Despite the limited opportunities, Josh Freeman led teams has accomplished about the same Sam Bradford led team.

You want talk about bad breaks in the NFL? Teddy Bridgewater got inserted into the starting lineup his rookie year and had exactly one game with AD. Bridgewater's rookie season was filled with offense of talents that could not make both NFL rosters. Yet Bridgewater nearly led the Vikings back to the playoffs and he himself was rookie of the year. His 2nd season, playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in NFL history, Bridgewater led the team to the playoffs and was one missed field goal away from winning that game. A game in which he led his offense down the field in the closing seconds by making clutch throws.

Funny, how you can excuse Sam Bradford from all his shortcomings by pointing to lack of skill offensive talent and terrible offensive line play, yet Teddy Bridgewater 1st 2 seasons in the poster child of lack of outside talent and horrendous offense offensively line play.

Again, I would love to be Sam Bradford. Get drafted number 1 overall, underperform everywhere I'm go, and continually get handed the starter's job... All while people on the Internet, defend my good name.

I reacted the same way yesterday when it broke but after watching the waivers I really don't see what else they could've done.  I think this move puts them over a .500 season. This team just needed decent QB to be a contender and I think they've got that now. Was it too much?  We will see. 

10 minutes ago, mcdougal said:

This is quite delusional and inherently contradictory. Sam Bradford was taken number 1 overall. He is one of the highest paid football players of all time. He had gotten multiple offensive coordinators and multiple head coaches fired. The one head coach that didn't get fired over him, Jeff Fisher, believed tremendously that Sam Bradford was his quarterback at one point. Even he gave up on Sam Bradford.

If you look at the career numbers of Sam Bradford and Josh Freeman you notice they are not all that different. Bradford has a slightly higher quarterback rating. Despite the limited opportunities, Josh Freeman led teams has accomplished about the same Sam Bradford led team.

You want talk about bad breaks in the NFL? Teddy Bridgewater got inserted into the starting lineup his rookie year and had exactly one game with AD. Bridgewater's rookie season was filled with offense of talents that could not make both NFL rosters. Yet Bridgewater nearly led the Vikings back to the playoffs and he himself was rookie of the year. His 2nd season, playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in NFL history, Bridgewater led the team to the playoffs and was one missed field goal away from winning that game. A game in which he led his offense down the field in the closing seconds by making clutch throws.

Funny, how you can excuse Sam Bradford from all his shortcomings by pointing to lack of skill offensive talent and terrible offensive line play, yet Teddy Bridgewater 1st 2 seasons in the poster child of lack of outside talent and horrendous offense offensively line play.

Again, I would love to be Sam Bradford. Get drafted number 1 overall, underperform everywhere I'm go, and continually get handed the starter's job... All while people on the Internet, defend my good name.

You say that my opinion is delusional when you are the one that said Bridgewater's line was one of the worst in NFL history. Huh?  

He had no talent? Mike Wallace, Stefon Diggs, Jarius Wright and Kyle Rudolph should be enough for any QB to make some noise, not to mention the highly athletic Jerrick McKinnon.  Charles Johnson made a little of noise in '14 and had developed some chemistry with Bridgewater. 

There are more than a few people in NFL circles who will tell you that Bradford may be more than just a one-year-rental, and that Bridgewater was not necessarily a long term answer.  

Honestly, I wouldn't want either one of them because for me the negatives outweigh what I'd want, but for the Vikings, in their situation, they are making the best of it. I already said that Bradford ain't all that and a bag of chips, but neither was a pre-injury Bridgewater (who I still say is a glorified game manager).

11 hours ago, KittyLover said:

I reacted the same way yesterday when it broke but after watching the waivers I really don't see what else they could've done.  I think this move puts them over a .500 season. This team just needed decent QB to be a contender and I think they've got that now. Was it too much?  We will see. 

They never should have let Joe Webb get away!!

Bridgewater is a terrible QB. Just horrendous. The Vikings plan was to run the ball and pray noodle arm (who can't find wide open recievers, and couldn't hit them if he did) doesn't have to throw any passes more than 3 yards. He's a joke.

Bradford is better, but not that's not saying much. The Vikings have put all the chips in on a hand that's just not that good. Huge risk, but anything can happen. I don't like their chances.

13 hours ago, mcdougal said:

He will put up good fantasy points for me with the surrounding cast he has. A top 5 RB , speedy & possesion Wrs, balnced TE and a top 10 defense.  

12 hours ago, pantherj said:

Bridgewater is a terrible QB. Just horrendous.

Really? Stats say otherwise. Bridgewater's 79.3 % led the NFL in adjusted completion percentage last season.

Bradford is the best paid QB that nobody seems to want, long term. 

14 hours ago, pantherj said:

Bridgewater is a terrible QB. Just horrendous. The Vikings plan was to run the ball and pray noodle arm (who can't find wide open recievers, and couldn't hit them if he did) doesn't have to throw any passes more than 3 yards. He's a joke.

Bradford is better, but not that's not saying much. The Vikings have put all the chips in on a hand that's just not that good. Huge risk, but anything can happen. I don't like their chances.

Bridgewater is the single most accurate passer through first two seasons in NFL history. 

Archived