• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings get raped, trade for Sam Bradford - Panthers relevance

Jeremy Igo

32 minutes ago, mcdougal said:

Is this supposed to be satire? Did you just say that Bradford is better than Bridgewater and has more upside?

God I love to be Luck, Stafford, Cutler, Ryan, Bradford and Tannehill. Don't have to accomplish sh*t yet NFL fans still think you are better than you really are.

Look, I am not saying Bradford is all that and a bag of chips. Dude has been through a lot and is hard to actually evaluate. Bradford has a big arm, and had shown some promise when he isn't running for his life. Dude has been in several offensive systems, has had limited pieces to work with, and has been injured. This is not a recipe for success. Perhaps in a good system that fits his skill set, he can finally get some stability and thrive.

Bridgewater, like it or not, was never as athletically gifted as many thought, he has a noodle arm, and a low projectory on his throwing motion to boot. He'll likely take a couple of years to get back to where he was, and it's not like he was lighting the world on fire either. Sure he has shown some efficiency at being a game manager, but he's not a top third of the league guy. So, I guess he was hyped up also. Smallish with a noodle arm. That's not what I want in my starting QB.

20 minutes ago, PntherPryd said:

They weren't going to get a starting QB for any cheaper.  So the decision is, do they go for it this year or wait?  If I were a fan of the Vikings or a current player I would be hella fired up.  

They don't have a starting qb now. Bradford is made of glass, he will miss half the season if not more.

22 minutes ago, PntherPryd said:

They weren't going to get a starting QB for any cheaper.  So the decision is, do they go for it this year or wait?  If I were a fan of the Vikings or a current player I would be hella fired up.  

obtain a guy for less and hide him in your offense this year (which is basically what you do with Bradford) and use your first next season to get a QB you want...

I'd be fine with it if Bradford was something more for than a body to get them through this season but they will be looking to solve their QB situation this upcoming offseason....and now they lack a first rounder to go about it 

People making poor decisions with Bradford doesn't make him better...he is in DA's tier and if you make DA your starter to get through a season he isn't worth that price tag

but kudos to any team not named us that hurts themselves 

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Look, I am not saying Bradford is all that and a bag of chips. Dude has been through a lotand is hard to actually evaluate. Bradford has a big arm, and had shown some promise when he isn't running for his life. Dude has been in several offensive systems, has had limited pieces to work with, and has been injured. This is not a recipe for success. Perhaps in a good system that fits his skill set, he can finally get some stability and thrive.

Bridgewater, like it or not, was never as athletically gifted as many thought, he has a noodle arm, and a low projectory on His throwing motion to boot. He'll likely take a couple of years to get back to where he was, and it's not like he was lighting the world on fire either. Sure he has shown some efficiency at being a game manager, but he's not not a top third of the league guy. So, I guess he was hyped up also. Smallish with a noodle arm. That's not what I want in my starting QB.

Sam Bradford has big arm but not in a functional way IMO.  He has never scared downfield 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Bradford should be in jail. What has he stolen like half a billion dollars from teams? Totally don't get how he keeps getting gigs.

goods news for us 

State of QB situation in the NFL and honestly the NFL period. You can tank the season with a backup QB like we did with Pickles or trade for a QB who might get you to the playoffs or not. 

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Sam Bradford has a big arm? When was that displayed?

It has been displayed. More than a few people have said it. He just has to have the time and proper play calling to show it on a consistent basis.

Look, I am really not a Bradford apologist, but the reason that he keeps getting looks is because in many ways, including his arm, Bradford is the physical prototype of an NFL QB (that, and the fact that he hasn't been in an optimal situation, has had injury issues, and has suffered from organizational instability and failure).

Archived