• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings get raped, trade for Sam Bradford - Panthers relevance

Jeremy Igo

34 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Bridgewater is the single most accurate passer through first two seasons in NFL history. 

Let's make a prediction now, and then we can revisit this later. I predict that by the end of Bridgewater's contract he will either be a backup QB, or out of the NFL. What do you predict?

9 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Let's make a prediction now, and then we can revisit this later. I predict that by the end of Bridgewater's contract he will either be a backup QB, or out of the NFL. What do you predict?

I'd be hesitant to accept here, not because of skill, but because he might take more than a year to recover. How about this: in his next year as starter (minimum 8 games), he'll have a winning record?

2 hours ago, caatfan said:

Really? Stats say otherwise. Bridgewater's 79.3 % led the NFL in adjusted completion percentage last season.

Bradford is the best paid QB that nobody seems to want, long term. 

Then why not have him like up the skies with his wonderful passes? Air it out. Why would the expert NFL Viking coaches limit him as much as possible? Because if threw the pass more, and attempted actual difficult throws, then the Vikings would have no chance at the playoffs. 

Just now, TN05 said:

I'd be hesitant to accept here, not because of skill, but because he might take more than a year to recover. How about this: in his next year as starter (minimum 8 games), he'll have a winning record?

The thing is that the Vikings, assuming their defense remains elite, can have a winning record with just about any QB. If we go too far into the future with our prediction, then we'll never find or remember this thread. But I'll make this long term prediction anyway. Bridgewater will end up a career backup, floating from team to team.

6 minutes ago, CatMan72 said:

It gets better, the 4th round pick could be as high as a 2nd based on performance... 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Yikes.

They have to make the NFC Championship/win the Super Bowl this year for that 4th to escalate to a 2nd/3rd. The 3rd rounder would still sting but I'm sure they wouldn't mind if they pulled off the SB win. 

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

They have to make the NFC Championship/win the Super Bowl this year for that 4th to escalate to a 2nd/3rd. The 3rd rounder would still sting but I'm sure they wouldn't mind if they pulled off the SB win. 

so basically it's going to be a 4th rounder

poo like this is why people think we could get something for DA.

I mean you'd think Bradford wouldn't be worth even a 4th rounder much less a 1st and a 4th but here we are... never been QBs getting paid premium for nothing....holy poo seriously this makes DA trade threads legit b ecause apparently there is a market for backup QBs or QBs who will never amount to anything.

Just has some of us wondering when can we fleece some teams. we couldn't even trade Peppers, SMitty, Hardy, or Norman and 2 of those are HoFs...I don't get this poo.

On 9/5/2016 at 1:17 PM, caatfan said:

Really? Stats say otherwise. Bridgewater's 79.3 % led the NFL in adjusted completion percentage last season.

and his 14-12 TD/INT stat is crap...but yea they call him captain checkdown for a reason. My boss is from Minnesota and a big vikings fan...he lives here but has season tickets and makes their home games...yea vikings fans aren't fond of him but you are right he can throw a mean 2 yard pass for a checkdown.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived